3 Hours Kyoto Insider Sake Experience
Uncover the little-known sake culture of Fushimi, Kyoto on a 3-hour insider brewery visit + sake tasting and food pairing session with an expert.
Deepen your knowledge of sake making process and a bit of history of its production at Gekkeikan Okura Sake Museum. Enjoy the samples of different types of sake as well as leaning details and varieties and personalized attention from your guide on this small-group tour.
This is a fun and educational experience to change your way of enjoying sake.
If you love sake but don't know what to select or want to know more about sake, join us and let's deep dive into the world of sake.
After you experienced this, you will know which type of Sake actually you like, and you will be able to select your favorite Sake from labels or restaurant's menu even if they are all written in Japanese.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English speaking guide
- 10 Sake tasting (They are carefully selected for you to understand all sake categories from sweet to dry, freshly squeezed sake, and cloudy sake.
- Snacks for pairing with sake
- Cheat Sheet & Tasting Note (These will help you to choose your preferred sake in the future even you don't read Japanese!
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Gekkeikan Okura Sake Museum
- Entry/Admission - Kyoto Insider Sake Experience
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gekkeikan Okura Sake Museum, 247 Minamihama-Cho, Fushimi-Ku, Kyoto 612-8045 Kyoto Prefecture
You’ll take a short walk to visit the largest sake brewery in Fushimi, where you’ll deepen your knowledge of sake and witness traditional brewing processes which have been passed down from generation to generation. At the end of your brewery tour you’ll have the chance to taste a few of the flavors produced there.
※Due to the coronavirus situation, the brewery we visit has decided not to allow guests to enter the production area from February 26. This means that the actual fermentation tank and its facilities are not visible. However, we will explain the brewing process while looking at old tools in the attached museum area. Therefore, the information and knowledge gained from this tour will be the same as usual.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kyoto Insider Sake Experience, 755 Higashi Otecho, Fushimi-Ku, Kyoto 612-8053 Kyoto Prefecture
Sake Tasting with an Expert
You’ll get to try flavors of sake you may never have experienced before – as we’ll introduce you to bottles which have never been exported. Your expert guide will explain the differences in taste – dry, sweet, rich, fruity – and how each of these are produced.
You’ll also be served various Otsumami – Japanese snacks which traditionally accompany alcohol – so you can see which types of food and flavor best accompany the different sake types.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :755 Higashiōtechō, Fushimi Ward, Kyoto, 612-8053, Japan
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A small amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Recommend to bring a bottle of water
- Legal drinking age in Japan is 20; customers under 20 years of age will only be served non-alcoholic drinks
- Vegetarian option for snacks is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please note the venue for sake tasting session may be changed due to its availabilities.
- Recommended to have your lunch or brunch prior to the tour.
- “Sake Brewery Tour" will be replaced to"Small Walking Tour at Fushimi Sake District" during the new years holiday period ( from 28th December to 5th January ) due to closure of local breweries. We’ll see sake making process with some special experience and those brewing culture at our tasting room.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Drinking and driving is strictly prohibited by law in Japan. Make sure to come to the tour by public transportation.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Face masks recommended We only accept reservations for half the capacity.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.