3-Hour Walking Tour in Chengdu People's Park and Learning Mahjong
MahJong is a tile-based game that was developed in China during the Qing dynasty and has spread throughout the world. In this experience, you will not only know how to play Mahjong, but also the tremendous impact that Mahjong causes on people and the society, especially in Chengdu.
• Easy to learn from a local English-speaking guide.
• Having a traditional Chinese covered-bowl tea.
• Walking at People's Park to feel the local life.
per adult from
What's included :
- English-speaking guide
- Mahjong game class
What's excluded :
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm, Visit Chengdu People's Park
We will meet at 2:00 pm at People's Park Subway Station EXIT A. Firstly, our walking tour will start to visit the famous People's Park in Chengdu. One of the charming aspects of People's Park is the wide variety of people and activities going on. From this tour, shoulder by shoulder with locals to see the unique Chengdu's lifestyle and culture. Square dancing, the matchmaking corner, people drawing caricatures, fortunetellers, snack shops, candy art, people playing cards, ear cleanings, etc.
3:30 pm – 5:00 pm, Learn How to Play Mahjong
You can't miss Tea House and Mahjong game when you travel in Chengdu. We will go to a famous tea house, "Heming"(鹤鸣) Tea House, to enjoy a cup of Chinese tea while learning the etiquette and culture of tea in Chengdu.
The guide will teach you how to play Chinese traditional table game - Mahjong in an easy way in English, then put you into a real test. Also he/she will tell you the history and culture hehind Mahjong and why it's so popular in China.
• Chengdu Renmin Park, No.12 Shaocheng Road, Qingyang District, Chengdu 610015 China
Departure Point :People's Park, Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.