3-Hour Small Group Maputo City Tour
Once known as the Pearl of the Indic, Maputo is the capital, and also the largest city, of Mozambique. This is an incredible city with many cultures, beautiful architecture, and a lot of history which you will learn much about. Some of the beautiful sites you will see on this half-day small group tour are the Central Market, The Museum of Natural History and The Fortress. Choose from one of two departure times when you book.
per adult from
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from anywhere in the city
- Transportation between sights
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Casa de Ferro (The Iron House)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Maputo is a city that has gone through several cultural, political, and social changes over time. On our tour today you'll notice how the old merges with the modern aspects of the city as it continues to change.
Although the country has gone through extremely tough times, the city and country have made great efforts to turn itself into more of a modern city while still maintaining its originality and history.
This morning, or afternoon, your guide will pick you up from your location in Maputo.
You will head to some of the most iconic locations in Maputo including:
• The Railway Station - One of the most famous landmarks in the city. The design was done by an associate of Alexandre Gustav Eiffel, built between 1913 and 1916.
• The Central Market - Known for its design dating back to around 1900, the market has a covered market hall as well as an open market space. The building has been rehabilitated since 2001 and many more stalls have been added.
• FEIMA Art Craft Market - A handicraft market where you'll find an abundance of locally made items, great for souvenir shopping.
• Nucleo de Arte - This is a great spot to experience local artists. There are frequently held exhibitions to highlight the work of up and coming artists. A very unique organization.
• The Fortress - Possibly the most visited site in Maputo, it has been built and destroyed many times throughout history. The original building dates back to 1946 and often has art exhibitions.
• The Museum of Natural History - The fact that this place is an amazingly beautiful piece of architecture is only only of the reasons we stop here. This is a very unique museum with beautiful gardens and an array of history facts and information.
• Iron House - Another example of a piece of art built by an associate of Eiffel, or possibly the man himself, in the 19th century. Originally it was built as the governor's house, but proved to be too hot to live in, made of iron.** The museums are closed on Monday in which case alternative locations will be added as a replacement.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :5:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The museums are closed on Monday in which case alternative locations will be added as a replacement.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.