3-hour Private Jewish Refugees Culture tour in Shanghai
Explore Shanghai’s Jewish history on this enriching half-day outing. After convenient hotel pickup, Hear about Jewish immigration to Shanghai and visit important sites around the Hongkou district,where thousands of Jewish refugees lived during World War II. Stop at the memorial plaque in Huoshan Parkand the Jewish Refugees Museum— formerly Ohel Moishe Synagogue. Your guide shares fascinating stories about the people whose lives intersected in Shanghai.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel Pick up (Only in Shanghai City Region)
- Private guide service during the tour
- Entrance tickets as listed
- Entry/Admission - Shanghai Jewish Refugees Museum
What's excluded :
- Drop off service (Guide will assist you get cab or public transport back to your hotel)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Bund (Wai Tan), Zhongshan East 1st Road, Shanghai China
Meet your guide at the Hotel lobby, first visit the Bund. Take a stroll at the historic riverfront. It is bound to be a wonderful experience. During your walking, the Former HSBC building, a six-floor neo-classical building in the Bund area, and the Historic Peace Hotel(formerly the Cathay Hotel, built by Sir Victor Sassoon) , an Art Deco masterpiece built by Jewish financier Victor Sassoon, will appear in front of you.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Shanghai Jewish Refugees Museum, 62 Changyang Road, Shanghai China
After that, your guide will take you to the Hongkou district, also known as the Shanghai Ghetto. In the Hongkou district, you will visit various places including the Shanghai Jewish Refugees Museum (Ohel Moshe Synagogue) and a monument in Huoshan Park.where refugees once gathered for religious activities despite being threatened with prison. The museum features documents, photographs, films and other personal items documenting people’s day-to-day lives at the time. In addition, your guide will take you to explore the back lanes of the district and to visit a Chinese home where Jewish refugees used to live.
Please note:At last, our guide will assistant you to get taxi or public transport back to your hotel. (cost on your own)
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up all the guests at hotel lobby of city center Ports
- Shanghai international cruise terminal (No.500, Domgdaming Road, Hongkou district,Shanghai)
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/8/2019 - 10/23/2021
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.