3-Hour Hutong Walking Tour And Peking Opera Mask Painting Class
Hutong is the traditional courtyard residences of Beijing locals, and most of Hutong building you see nowadays are the heritage from Yuan, Ming and Qing dynasties (with nearly 700 years history). It represents an important cultural element of the city of Beijing, and you will find so many interesting stories and things to do here including Rickshaw riding, Peking Opera Mask Painting in a Hutong family house. Of course, you will also visit some major attraction sites in the Bell and Drum Tower area, such as Mansion Garden of Prince Gong, the Former Residence of Song Qinling, the Buddhist Temple, the beautiful Shi Cha Lake, and so much more. It's a wonderful old Beijing culture learning experience.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Tea in Hutong family house
- Peak Opera Mask Painting Class
- Hotel pickup within 4 Rings Beijing only
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees to attractions
- Rickshaw fees
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hutong Tour, No.9, Zhonglou, Dongcheng District No.9, Zhonglou, Dongcheng District, 100009, Beijing, Beijing 100009 China
Your tour guide will meet you at the Bell Tower, and you will start your tour in Black Sesame Hutong neighborhood. Then. you will visit a local Hutong family where you can learn Peking Opera Mask Painting. The host is not only good at Peking Opera Mask Painting but also Chinese Calligraphy. During the painting class, the host will explain to you the Peking Opera history and each character's story behind. In additional, you will be shared the life and culture in Hutong.
After your painting class, you will visit the Hutong area and some major attractions by Rickshaw (two people share one Rickshaw). There are so many things to see, like Mansion Garden of Prince Gong, the Former Residence of Song Qinling, the Buddhist Temple, the beautiful Shi Cha Lake, Lama Temple, Confucian temple, and etc.
If you want a lunch or dinner within the tour, there is an option for you to have dinning experience with Hutong family where you can enjoy a traditional local meal.
Departure Point :74 Zhong Lou Wan Hu Tong, Dongcheng Qu, Beijing Shi, China, 100031
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Your centrally located hotel within 4 Rings Beijing. If your hotel is outside of 4 Rings, please meet up at Bell Tower by your own transportation arrangement (see voucher for details).
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- Local meal plan is available in tour option
- Dress code is casual
- Free hotel pick up within 4 Rings. If your hotel is outside of 4 Rings Beijing, please arrange your own transportation to the pointed meeting place.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.