3 Hour Guided Mangrove Tunnel Kayak Eco Tour
This is a wonderful alternative to an airboat ride … quiet, peaceful and surreal. It is a leisurely paddle experience with a naturalist guide who throughout the tour will be interpreting and explaining what you are seeing. It is a great learning experience in a very unique part of the Everglades. The Everglades is a vast and varied ecosystem containing the largest mangrove forest in North America. Throughout the forest are brackish "lakes" whose waters are a mix of "sweet" fresh water and salt water. They are refuges and nursery grounds for alligators, herons, egrets, stilts, ducks, wood storks, spoonbills, otters, orchids and bromeliads and a gamut of fishes. Some lakes are host to colonies of roosting and breeding birds. Interconnecting these lakes are narrow, flowing tidal creeks. The mangrove forest grows to the very edge and over the tops of these creeks forming a canopy or a tunnel. The dense canopy regulates moisture and humidity allowing to thrive.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Kayaking equipment and safety briefing
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Everglades Area Tours, 238 Mamie St, Everglades City, FL 34138
Located just a 1.5-hour drive south of Fort Myers lie the incredible Florida Everglades. On this 3.5-hour eco-tour, enjoy a kayak adventure through the lush mangrove tunnels and discover the area’s diverse ecosystem.
Your tour will begin with a brief introduction on how to maneuver your single-person kayak (no experience required). Once you feel comfortable with the kayak, paddle down the lake and arrive at a narrow entryway, where the mangrove tunnels form a canopy approximately 10 feet (3 meters) overhead. This is one of the largest mangrove forests in North America!
Follow your naturalist guide as you explore the vast and varied ecosystem and keep your eyes out for herons, egrets, ducks, spoonbills, alligators, otters and a variety of fish species. Along the way, your guide will provide an interesting, informative overview of the area and its incredible ecosystem.
Departure Point :32016 Tamiami Trail E, Ochopee, FL 34141, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.