3 Hour Bow Valley Loop Horseback Ride
Banff National Park is Canada’s oldest and most celebrated national park - and one worth getting out of the car and onto a trail for. Go back to a simpler time with a 3-hour horseback ride and experience the park at a relaxed pace. Led by your cowboy guide, saddle up and and get a feel for what it was like for pioneers first settling in this once-wild area.
per adult from
What's included :
- Lead and tail guides
- Use of horse
- Helmet (mandatory)
- Basic horseback riding instruction
What's excluded :
- Food and drink
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
See Banff National Park from a different perspective — 6 or 7 feet up from the back of a friendly horse. Meet your guide, get outfitted with your horse, and receive a safety briefing. Then head out through the park on horseback on a 3-hour guided tour.
On the 3-hour Bow Valley Loop Ride you'll ride along the Bow River and through the Cave and Basin area – the birthplace of Banff National Park, where you will find bubbling sulphur waters and remarkable rock caverns. Head along the Sundance Canyon Trail and keep an eye out for beaver, elk, coyotes and occasionally, bears before climbing up Sulphur Mountain to the Windy Knoll viewpoint, where sweeping views of the Bow Valley await. This is definitely a trip you’ll want to bring your camera for.
• Banff National Park, Alberta Canada
• Bow River Trail, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta Canada
• Sundance Canyon, Banff National Park, Alberta Canada
Departure Point :Warner Stables - Banff Trail Riders, 100 Sundance Rd, Banff, AB T1L 1B9, Canada
Departure Time :1:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- All riders must arrive 30 minutes prior to their ride time.
- Guests participating in horseback riding will need to be 8 years or over and a maximum of 230lbs. Banff Trail Riders is committed to the health of our horses and the safety of our guests, which means that the minimum age and maximum weight requirements are strictly enforced. As part of the check-in process, guests may be required to confirm their current weight on a scale and provide proof of the child’s age. In the event that these requirements are not met, the booking will be forfeited without a refund.
- Please note that children will not be paired with an adult – they must ride their own horse.
- For our foreign visitors we require an understanding of basic English for our horseback rides, so that you can understand simple instructions from our guides.
- Children aged 17 years and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- For safety purposes helmets are mandatory to be worn by all riders.
- Riders must wear long pants and sturdy closed toed shoes enclosed to the ankle - no open toe shoes or shoes with big heels.
- Adults must sign a waiver for all activities, and a waiver must also be completed by the parent or legal guardian of any person under the age of 18 (documentation may be required to confirm the signatory’s authority).
- Riders must be physically capable of controlling the horse during the ride without assistance and for the health and safety of all riders we regrettably cannot accommodate any disabilities or special needs riders. We recognize that disabled riding is a unique and respected skill set that we at the barns do not have the appropriate equipment or skills to safely execute.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- All guest are required to wear a mask when checking in for their ride or when using the facilities.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.