3 Days Safari to Galle, Udawalawa and Yala Parks from Ella
This three-days tour is designed as a transfer from Ella to Galle for guests who like to visit both well-known national parks in the Deep South of Sri Lanka - elephants of Udawalawa and leopards of Yala - on their way from the hill-country to the soutwestern coastal town of Galle, a World Heritage Site.
Our experienced drivers are known for careful driving. They have been doing these tours for 5 years. Their cultural & historical expertise well-founded.
per adult from
2 days 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1000 ml bottled drinking water per person
- 2 half-day Jeep Safaris in 2 different national parks (Udawalawe & Yala)
- Knowledgeable English speaking driver
- Passenger Insurance cover 500,000 LKR P.P
- Total fuel cost
- Total Parking charges
- Replacement vehicle in case of unlucky events - with new driver
- Road Tax & Insurance Tax
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Driver rooms for 2 nights
What's excluded :
- Entry fees of visiting site or activities
- Tickets of Udawalawa & Yala NP
- Extra person in vehicle other than those who booked
- Extra excursions not mentioned in the itinerary
- Food, Meals, Beverages other than water
- Guest Accommodation
- Entry/Admission - Buduruwagala Temple
- Entry/Admission - Udawalawe National Park
- Entry/Admission - Yala National Park
- Entry/Admission - Hummanaya Blow Hole
- Entry/Admission - Sea Turtle Farm and Hatchery - Habaraduwa
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ravana Ella Falls, Ella-Wellawaya Road, Ella 90090 Sri Lanka
The first stop on this day trip will be a short break for taking photos at the Lower Ravana Falls, which are picturesquely located within the famous Ella Gap.
Stop At: Buduruwagala Temple, Wellawaya Town, Wellawaya 91200 Sri Lanka
Buduruwagala has both the island's tallest statue and the largest group of ancient Buddhist sculptures carved into the rock. Remarkably, the statues are Mahayanistic and indicate even Tantric influence.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Udawalawe National Park Sri Lanka
In the afternoon, you will take part in a jeep safari in Udawalawe National Park, which is famous for the density of wild elephants. In each and every season visitors will spot small groups of cow elephants with babies and juveniles and some lonesome bull elephants.
After the safari, you will be dropped off near the park at the accomodation you have booked separately according to your preferences.
Alternatively, you can decide to travel to Yala this very same evening, just in case you like you have booked your accommodation in or near Tissa, allowing you to start in Yala earlier in the morning the next day.
Duration: 3 minutes
Stop At: Yala National Park Sri Lanka
In case of an overnight stay in Udawalawe, the transfer to Yala is in the morning. After relaxation and lunch, you will take part in another and completely different jeep safari.
Yala is Sri Lanka's most celebrated national park. Chances to observe wild leopards are higher than anywhere else in the world, about 30-50% chance during an afternoon safari. On the entire island, this is the area richest in biodiversity. This is due to a variety of landscapes such as dense jungles, large swamps, open grasslands, sandy coastlines, and steep rocks. The density in leopards and crocodiles and deer is extremely high in Yala Block 1, which will be crossed on this jeep safari. Yala is also noteworthy for its birdlife. After your safari you will be transferred to the hotel or guesthouse of your choice in the area of Yala, Tissa, or Kirinda.
In case of an overnight stay in Yala (instead of Udawalawe), your morning in Yala is free for relaxation.
The driver will give you the details (meeting point and time) on arrival at your hotel (in the evening after Udawalawe safari).
Alternatively, you would have different opportunities to spend your time for additional activities. Please note, that these optional excursions are not included in the price and that you have to organize them on your own. However, our driver can provide assistance or on your request even arrange the detour of your choice.
Here are some proposals how to use the morning for further activities:
1. You could relax at Kirinda Beach. It's not far from Yala.
2. You could visit the Wirawila Tissa Sanctuary, which is rich in birdlife due to its numerous lakes.
3. You could study the ancient ruins of Tissamaharama, which was once the capital of southern Sri Lanka, then known as Rohana.
4. You could visit the pilgrimage sites of Kataragama.
5. You could see the ruins of Situlpahuwa in the jungles of Yala.
6. You could join a morning safari in Bundala National Park, which is famous for birdwatching.
7. You could take part in a morning safari in Yala. You have an afternoon safari anyway. But a full day on safari in Yala would increase your chances to spot leopards to above 50%.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Hummanaya Blow Hole, Kudawella, Tangalle Sri Lanka
On the third day, you will travel along the entire south coast of Sri Lanka. On the way you will have a break at the Hoomaniya blow hole, which is a very rare natural phenomenon.
Duration: 1 minute
Stop At: Sea Turtle Farm and Hatchery - Habaraduwa, Silver Green, Matara Road Between posts 128km and 129km, Habaraduwa 80630 Sri Lanka
We will have a break a stop at a turtle hatchery near Habaraduwa, being both a commercial tourist attraction and an effective conservation project.
Duration: 1 minute
Stop At: Galle Fort, Church Street, Galle 80000 Sri Lanka
Galle is a World Heritage Site, as its Dutch Fort - which is also called Old Town of Galle -has the best-preserved colonial fortification in Asia, crowded with stylish restaurants and boutique hotels as well as museums. Galle New Town offers additional shopping opportunities. The charming beach and Ayurveda farms of Unawatuna are close-by. You will be dropped off at the accommodation of your choice in Galle or Unawatuna.
Duration: 2 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will be welcoming you in the lobby of your hotel or for your convenience at a meeting point of your choice in Ella City. Departure time is immediately after pick-up time in case you reserved this tour exclusively (no other persons in the same vehicle that day)
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 1/26/2020 - 12/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 09:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.