3 days; Naumba Foraging of edible African Wild Food plants in Kafue sub-basin
The package includes a guided foraging tour to the Kafue sub-basin food map area. Cooking with the chef, a three-course dinner made with foraged foods and organic super drinks. Foragers will find it massively satisfying preparing, cooking and eating what they themselves collected from Mother Earth the African traditional way. Foraging has the benefit of connecting people to nature.
The tours are a fresh way to experience the true authenticity of the Kafue sub-basin food map area, situated in central province, in Itezhi Tezhi district of Zambia. This food map area is hidden away in a remote hypnotic true African wilderness in Namwala Game Management which is rich in a wide-range of diverse flora and fauna. The Kafue sub-basin food map sits outside the Kafue National Park and has no dangerous wild animals.
The package also includes an exciting one day guided Game viewing tour to the Kafue National Park.
Who is eligible: Any first time beginner or Professional Foragers are welcome.
per adult from
What's included :
- A Fully Inclusive all Lodging, meals, drinks from day 1 to 4, Expert local foraging guide(s)
What's excluded :
- Park entry fees to Kafue National park, Gratuities, items or services of a personal nature
- Kindly harvest edible African Indigenous Wild Food plants in the Kafue-sub-basin yourself and sample them after cooking. A large part of this tour involves walking and foraging wild food plants in safe forests in the company of your tour guide.
The objective of Naumba Food Foraging Tour is the promotion of access to healthy, nutritious, and culturally African appropriate organic super-foods and drinks for the foragers. We engage in appropriate sustainable environmental harvesting methodology. We promote a ZERO waste food preparation methods by the foragers that saves planet Earth from acts of destruction and mitigate effects of climate change.
Theme: Discover the power of consuming a plant-based diet rooted in African & Indigenous practices whilst visiting Kafue Park for game viewing.
Who is eligible: Any first time beginners or Professional Foragers are welcome to participant.
We cater to people of all levels of fitness and abilities. Much of the program is about unwinding and relaxation.
Benefit: The package includes a guided foraging tour to the Kafue sub-basin food map area.
Departure Point :1: Kafue National Park, D769, Zambia
2: Itezhi tezhi, Zambia
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.