3 days gorilla tracking safari
In Uganda’s Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, which covers an area of 321 sq km and is among the oldest forests at 25,000 years old, experience the amazing adventure of trekking to find one of the 12 habituated mountain gorilla groups. You will also have an opportunity to see other primates such as red-tailed monkeys, chimpanzees, baboons, black and white colobus monkeys among others. Bwindi Impenetrable Forest is home for 120 mammals, 51 reptiles, 310 butterfly species, 27 species of frogs, geckos, chameleons, 163 tree species, 104 fern species, 1,000 flowering plants, as well as over 350 species of birds such as the hornbills and the turaco.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 2x Breakfast
- 2x Dinner
- 3x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 2 nights
- Rolex (Ugandan snack) on the way
- Accommodation x 2
- English speaking guide/driver
- Airport/Hotel Pick up and drop off
- 1 x Gorilla permit
- Entry/Admission - Uganda Equator
What's excluded :
- Visa procesing
- Third party/health insurance/Travel insurance
- Tips for the guides
- Upgraded accommodation (single or self-contained)
Day 1: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
Stop At: Uganda Equator, Masaka Road, Kayabwe Uganda
Our experienced driver/guide will pick you up from the hotel/airport early in the morning for the drive to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park in the western part of Uganda. On the way stop at the equator for photos. We will pass Lake Mburo National Park and might see some wildlife such as zebras on the way. Half way we shall stop for lunch then continue with the journey to our Bwindi Impenetrable National Park where we get ready for the following day’s activity.
Duration: 7 hours
Accommodation included: We shall spend a night at Bwindi guesthouse
Day 2: Gorilla tracking Adventure
Stop At: Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, Western Region
Early in the morning, the guide will pick you up and take you to the starting point for gorilla tracking. There will be a briefing as you’re given groups/tracking team. Gorilla trekking takes around 2–8 hours, which is so worth it, not only to see these remarkable creatures but also to enjoy hiking in the rolling hills and lush vegetation. Depending on the availability of permits at the time of your confirmation, you may do gorilla tracking from Buhoma, Rushaga or Ruhija. Afterwards, the guide will be waiting to take you back to the hotel to freshen up and prepare for departure the next day.
Duration: 7 hours
Accommodation included: Spend another night at Bwindi guesthouse
Day 3: Drive back to Kampala
Stop At: Kampala, Uganda
Early in the morning after breakfast, we shall start our journey back to Kampala where you will be dropped at your hotel or the airport.
Duration: 8 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :1: Entebbe aircargo transporter, 14 Kitaasa Rd, Entebbe, Uganda
2: Kampala, Uganda
Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick up the traveler/client depending on where they are and where they want to be picked up from.Airports
- Entebbe Airport, Entebbe Uganda
Departure Time :10:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Gorilla tracking is done from 3 points but still in the same park therefore is subject to availability.
- The rates mentioned here do not include a gorilla permit
- When tracking the gorillas, you should be having some level of fitness because it involves some hiking while tracking the gorillas
- You will need good waterproof comfortable shoes. Sometimes it rains during the trek, so skid proof shoes can come in handy.
- You should be 15 years and above for this activity
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.