3 days Discovering Cao Son - Coc Ly - Chay River and Sapa
This tour is perfectly designed to provide tourists an opportunity to enjoy the beauty of many highlights in Lao Cai. You will visit and explore Cao Son which is considered the most stunning area of Lao Cai Province with lovely weather, spectacular landscapes and distinctive cultural values of local hill tribes. In addition, you will visit famous traditional markets, learn and engage in the local life, enjoy their traditional dishes.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 2x Breakfast
- 2x Dinner
- 3x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 2 nights
- Accommodation based on double/twin sharing with breakfast
- Boat on Chay River (if any)
- English speaking guide as mentioned on the program
- Entrance fee as mentioned in the program
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Coc Ly Market
- Entry/Admission - Ta Phin Village
What's excluded :
- Any services not mentioned in the program
- Drinks, other meals, TIP and personal expenses
Day 1: Lao cai - Cao Son (Must be on Monday)
Stop At: Muong Khuong, Muong Khuong, Lao Cai Province
start the tour by driving to Muong Khuong district. En route, you will have the chance to enjoy the spectacular beauty of tea plantation and green lush pine forest. In addition, you will see a hill tribe ethnic group of Giay people in their colorful traditional dress in Ban Lau or Thanh Binh.
At 10.00 am, you will arrive at Cao Son, check in Cao Son lodge and relax before continuing the afternoon adventure.
In the afternoon, you start the program by walking to a peaceful village named Tin Thang. You will enter the village and explore the life of the locals there. You will see and learn about the traditional way of making bacon, enjoy the corn wine and corn cake offered by the locals
Duration: 2 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight at homestay in the village
Day 2: Cao Son - Coc Ly market - Chay river - Trung Do – Sapa (Must be on Tuesday)
Stop At: Coc Ly Market, about 35km from Bac Ha, Sapa Vietnam
Coc Ly market is a small market situated by the Chay River. It opens on every Tuesday morning. Coming here, you will not only see different ethnic minority people in their colourful traditional dress, such as Flower Hmong, Black Zao, Phu La, Nung and Tay minorities, but also see a wide range of homemade products such as vegetables, fruits and even domestic animals sold by the locals. In addition, you can interact with the local and enjoy their traditional dishes.
After exploring the market, you will embark on a boat and ride downstream. On the boat ride, you can enjoy stunning views of beautiful natural caves and local daily life of the local on the riverbanks.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Sapa, Sapa, Lao Cai Province
After lunch, you will continue the program by visiting Trung Do village where Tay minority are living. You will enter in the village, observer their daily life and activities, and enjoy a cup a tea in a traditional Tay house. Leaving the Trung Do village, you will cruise further downstream until you reach Bao Nhai Bridge.
you will travel by car to Coc Ly market located by the Chay River, which flows from China. Every Tuesday morning, minorities from surrounding villages such as Flower Hmong, Black Zao and Tay, gather to sell and buy their products. After visiting the market, you travel by boat downstream. Along the ride, you can enjoy magnificent sight of the beautiful caves and life on the riverbank. You will have lunch at a nice spot or later in a village.
Duration: 2 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight at Bamboo hotel (3-star) or similar
Day 3: Sapa - Ta Phin - Mong sen - Lao Cai (Must be on Wednesday)
Stop At: Ta Phin Village, Ta Phin, Sapa Vietnam
The third-day itinerary will start by travelling to Taphin village where Red Dao and Black Hmong people are living. Here, you can observe the unmixed cultural life of Black Hmong and Red Dao minorities, 2 largest ethnic groups in the area. They live happily together while maintaining their own tradition from generation to generation. You will walk along the lanes to see and visit local houses. Your will be interested in the unique architectural styles and furniture arrangement in these houses as well as their handicraft products.
Leaving the village, you will climb downhill on a dirt trail through a mountainous area. On the way, you will have opportunity to enjoy stunning views over the spectacular rice terraces and corn fields. Don’t forget to keep your camera handy to capture these fantastic images. You will stop to have lunch at a nice spot.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Lao Cai, Lao Cai, Lao Cai Province
After lunch and a short rest, you will continue the tour by trekking down the hill to reach Mong Sen where a car is waiting to drive you back to Lao Cai station. Here, you will catch a nice train back to Hanoi.
Duration: 1 hour
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.