3-Day Tour of Sun Moon Lake, Puli and Alishan National Scenic Area from Taipei
Explore Taiwan’s countryside and discover its beautiful scenery on this 3-day tour from Taipei. Sit comfortably on board an air-conditioned coach and hear interesting anecdotes and enlightening commentary about the sites you pass. Step off the bus with your guide to walk around the region’s hidden wonders including the town of Puli, picturesque Sun Moon Lake, the extraordinary Alishan National Scenic Area in the county of Chiayi and visit the Southern branch of National Palace Museum.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 2x Breakfast
- Accommodation included: 2 nights
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional tour guide
- Admission fee and entrance ticket included in the itinerary
- 1-way forest train ride from Alishan to Zhaoping
- 2-night hotel accommodation (5-star)
- Entry/Admission - Alishan National Forest Recreation Area
- Entry/Admission - Southern Branch of the National Palace Museum
What's excluded :
Day 1: Taipei – Puli – Sun Moon Lake
Stop At: Sun Moon Lake, Zhongshan Rd., Yuchi Township, Yuchi 555 Taiwan
This morning you will depart from central Taipei and head for the heart of the island, Sun Moon Lake National Scenic Area.
Before reaching Sun Moon Lake, you will stop by Puli for a lunch break, where excellent quality drinking water is well-known, and that creates a prosperous wine making business. Enjoy a short tour in Puli Winery, and do not miss the chance to try a Taiwanese sausage flavored with Shaoxing Wine!
Sun Moon Lake is the biggest freshwater lake in the island. Divided by Lalu Island, the lake got its name from the unique terrains that look like sun on one side and crescent moon on the other side. The area around the lake is also the home to the Thao people, a group of Taiwanese aborigines.
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Stop At: Yidashao Pier, Yidashao, Riyue Vil., Yuchi Township, Yuchi Taiwan
Yidashao(Ita Thao), was named Te Hua village after the restoration of Taiwan. It has become the most populous area around the Sun Moon Lake. There are stores, restaurants, and hotels in the village. Also the thao people establishes the "Thao Cultural Village" for tourists to appreciate the traditional culture, songs, and dancing of the Thao Tribe.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Xuanzhuang Temple, No.389 Zhongzheng Road, Riyue Village, Yuchi Township, Yuchi Taiwan
Monk Xuanzang was the Holy Monk in the Tang dynasty. In 1965, the Monk Xuanzang's remains were moved to the Xuanzang Temple after the temple was rebuilt. There is a bell in front of the main gate,called "wake up bell." If you prefer quiet atmosphere, Xuanzang temple is the best places for you.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Ci'en Pagoda, Yuchi Township, Yuchi 555 Taiwan
Ci-en Pagoda was built by Chiang Kai-Shek in memory of his mother in 1971. The Ci-en Pagoda is 46 meters in height and has become the famous landmark of Sun Moon Lake. Surrounding the tower are beautiful plants and trees and there are stone tables and chairs for visitors to take a rest.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Xiangshan Visitor Center, No.599, Jhongshan Rd., Yuchih Township, Yuchi Taiwan
The Xiangshang Visitor Center is both for tourism and administration use. The uniquely designed building has wood-patterned exteriors and wings that stretch like human arms embracing the earth. In addition, the two giant canopy structures, 34 meters long and 8 meters tall each, allow people to enjoy beautiful views of the Sun Moon Lake from the top.
Duration: 20 minutes
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: Hotel Fleur de Chine - Mountain View Room(5-star), Sun Moon Lake or equivalent
Day 2: Sun Moon Lake - Alishan
Stop At: Alishan National Forest Recreation Area, No. 59, Zhongzheng Vil., Zhongzheng Vil., Alishan Township, Alishan Taiwan
After breakfast you will depart for Alishan National Forest Recreation Area and enjoy a forest bathing.
Alishan National Forest Recreation Area is located in Chiayi County, covering an area of 1,400 hectares that includes the most popular hot spots in this county.
Today you will take a relaxing walk and experience a nature therapy in the misty and dreamy forest. Start with a train ride from Zhaoping Railway Station that was built a century ago, and enjoy the stunning view along the railway. After lunch, you will stroll through the forest and stop by Shouzhen Temple, Sister Ponds and admire the Giant Sacred Trees.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Alishan Shenmu Area, No. 17, Xianglin Vil., Alishan Taiwan
This Formosan red cypress is the tallest and oldest of the trees on the Giant Tree Plank Trail.
It has a girth of 13.1 meters and is 43.5 meters tall; it is estimated to be around 2000 years old. The tree also hosts Rhododendron kawakamii, the fern Oleandra wallichii (Hook.) Presl and other plants native to Taiwan.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Shouzhen Temple, No.45, Xiang Lin Village, Alishan Township, Alishan 606 Taiwan
Shouzen Temple is the largest temple in the Alishan area, restored in 1969. The main gods worshiped here are the Syuantian Emperor, the Fude God and the Jhusheng Goddess.
Duration: 30 minutes
Accommodation included: Nice Prince Hotel(5-star), Chiayi or equivalent
Day 3: Chiayi - Taipei
Stop At: Southern Branch of the National Palace Museum, No. 888, Gugong Blvd, Taibao City, Taibao 612 Taiwan
After breakfast, you will depart for the last stop of this tour – the South Branch of the National Palace Museum.
Surround by man-made lakes, the South Branch is located in a quiet and secluded area, about 30-min drive away from the downtown. This is a peaceful place to house the treasures of Chinese emperors, where the visitors can take their time and appreciate beauty of the art crafts.
The South Branch was established in order to achieve a balance of cultural resources between the North and the South of Taiwan.
After lunch, you will head back to Taipei and arrive in the hotel later this afternoon.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from hotels in Taipei City Center. If the hotel lobby is located on an upper level, please meet the tour guide on the ground level of the hotel building. Exact pick-up time will be provided by local operator upon confirmation.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A small amount of walking is involved; comfortable shoes are recommended
- Standard hotel rooms in Taiwan contain two single/twin beds fit for two people. Twin-Share Accommodation is for two people per standard room (traveling parties are booked in the same room); Private Accommodation is for one person in a standard room.
- For traveling parties with an odd number of individuals, either three people will be placed in a triple (three twin/single beds) or one person will be placed in a twin-share with another traveler or in private single room (at an additional cost), depending on availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Times and sequences are subject to change according to the weather and traffic condition.
- Not recommended for travelers with knee problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 35 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Free masks are only available for those guests who do not have their own.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.