3-Day Private Cycling Tour to Mai Chau and Pu Luong from Hanoi
Join this 3-Day tour for the opportunity to cycle through a spectacular nature reserve, ethnic villages, rice paddies of Mai Chau and Pu Luong. Grab at the rare opportunity to visit and stay with locals at the Thai guesthouse. Plus visit the UNESCO World Heritage site of Trang An.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 2x Breakfast
- 2x Dinner
- 3x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 2 nights
- Private transfer, English speaking guide
- Entry/Admission - Pù Luông Nature Reserve
What's excluded :
- Drinks (soft drink, beers, wine), tips for guide and driver.
Day 1: Hanoi – Mai Chau- overnight at homestay in Poom Coom village
Stop At: Mai Chau, Mai Chau, Hoa Binh Province
Departure from your Hanoi hotel at 8:00. Start riding after an hour drive on the quiet countryside roads, cycling distance can be flexible as we will have our van following us all the way. Lunch stop at the halfway point to Mai Chau, we will then continue our afternoon cycling up and down hills, and along the Hoa Binh lakes where you encounter an amazing view of the peaceful lakes. Our late afternoon descending down hills to Mai Chau, arrive in Poom Coom – a tribal village of Thai Dinner and overnight in a local guest house here.
Duration: 20 hours
Accommodation included: Homestay: this is a traditional homestay of Thai minority. It is the house on stilt, basic standard but clean.
Day 2: Mai Chau - cycling to Pu Luong Nature Reserve, home-stay at Don Village
Stop At: Pù Luông Nature Reserve, Bá Thước District, Thanh Hoa, Vietnam
Wake up early for breakfast. After breakfast, we go for a short car ride then cycle along Ma riverbank, and if the weather is good, we will try a 10km ride on single track to some very remote villages along Ma River. Enjoy a picnic lunch in a local house before challenging yourself with a 12km cycle uphill 650m through Pu Luong nature reserve, alternatively, you can enjoy the ride up via our van. We then hit the trails downhill, riding with spectacular views of the mountain, forest and rice paddies. We will arrive in Don Village for dinner and stay overnight at a traditional home-stay. Take a short walk around the village to enjoy the best-terraced fields of Pu Luong.
Duration: 1 day
Accommodation included: Homestay - the traditional house of Thai people. It is a simple standard, and toilet is out of the house.
Day 3: Don village – Ninh Binh - more bike, then visit Trang An before coming back to Hanoi
Stop At: Ninh Binh, Ninh Binh, Ninh Binh Province
It’s great to take a slow walk around the village with your camera to see life going early. We will say good-bye to our host by around 8:00am for our wonderful biking downhill about 35km with some spectacular views. Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant before our 2-hour transfer to Trang An world heritage site. We will enjoy a boat ride for about 1.5 hours along the meandering stream with towering limestone mountain peaks, and row through some limestone caves too. We will return to Hanoi in the late afternoon at around 6:00 pm.
Duration: 8 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up at your hotel address. Any change of your pick-up, please update at least 24hrs before departure time.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Infant seats should be required at time of booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.