3-Day PADI Open Water Scuba Diving Certification Course in Koh Phi Phi
Learn to SCUBA Dive in beautiful Koh Phi Phi! All costs included (Marine Park fee, equipment, instructor, lunch and drinks, lifelong PADI licence).
Get your PADI Open Water SCUBA Diving License, with four dives on the stunning coral reefs around Phi Phi. Learning the theory from our dive centre on the beach, and diving from our traditional Thai boat. The course can be completed over 3 or 4 days and will teach you how to dive, giving you a lifelong license as well as seeing some amazing marine life and a wonderful experience.
Your sessions will include learning and theory with a qualified scuba diving instructor, training in confined water and 4 open water dives at a variety of the best dive sites in the Thailand's Phi Phi Marine Park. You will be in a small group with a maximum of 2 customers to 1 PADI Instructor.
per adult from
What's included :
- Diving equipment hire
- Drinking water and soft drinks on the boat
- Lunch in between dives
- Professional PADI Instructor
- Transport between dives sites and around the Marine Park on a purpose-built diving boat
- Log-book to record your diving experiences
- Koh Phi Phi Tonsai Pier pickup and drop-off (available upon request)
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- The PADI Open Water Diver Course consists of several elements; training videos and associated quizzes, a skills session in confined water, four open water dives in the Phi Phi Marine Park, and a short test. You will learn everything you need to know to start a lifetime of scuba diving, as well being able to explore the stunning underwater world full of brightly colored corals (hard and soft), schools of fish, and the chance to see eels, turtles, sharks and other marine-life.
Each course can be customized to suit your specific circumstances, but here is a sample itinerary:
Day 1: Arrive in Phi Phi - make your way to the dive shop (pickup from the pier is available upon request) where you will meet your instructor who will explain the itinerary (and specific times based on current tides) to you and answer any questions you may have. You will watch three training videos and take a short quiz for each. Your instructor will review them with you. The duration will be about 4 hours total taking place.
Day 2: Meet at the dive shop in the morning. Your instructor will take you to an area of confined water where you can practice some of the skills discussed on day 1 for about two hours. In the afternoon, you will be ready to dive at one of the beautiful sites around Koh Phi Phi. Depart on the boat outside the dive shop accompanied by your instructor. You will complete two dives in the afternoon, stopping for lunch on the boat or a secluded beach in between dives. On the dives there will be a few skills and exercises to complete. The afternoon session will last roughly 5 hours. The boat will then return to the dive shop. The day's total duration is approximately 7 hours.
Day 3: Meet at the dive shop in the morning and depart on the boat for two more dives in the Phi Phi Marine Park. There will be some skills and exercises to complete on the dives with your instructor. Lunch and soft drinks will be provided while you are out on the boat. (The morning session is about 5 hours long.) After returning from diving you will be required to watch two remaining two videos and complete a short exam. Your instructor will discuss your exam results with you and complete your logbook which is your take-away record of everything you saw and achieved on your dives. (The afternoon session will last roughly 3 hours.) At this point you will have completed all the elements to become a certified PADI Open Water Diver, allowing you to dive anywhere in the world up to 60 feet (18m) for the rest of your life! Feel free to enjoy a well-earned drink from out Beachfront Bar. (Total time roughly 8 hours.)
Possible times (as a guide only):
Day 1: 5pm-9pm
Day 2: 9am-11am 1pm-6pm
Day 3: 9am-2pm (4pm-7pm) - this element can be completed the day before to allow for departing back to the mainland on the afternoon ferry.
Departure Point :Beachfront Divers, PP Beachfront 195 Moo 7 Loh Dalum Bay Koh Phi Phi, ตำบล อ่าวนาง อำเภอเมืองกระบี่ กระบี่ 81000, Thailand
Traveler pickup is offered
We can meet you at the pier in Phi Phi upon request.
Departure Time :Day 1: 5pm
Day 2: 9am
Day 3: 9am
(Times may be adjusted based on tide times and customer preferences.)
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Age: Minimum 15
- Diving within 48 hours of flying is not recommended. All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- You will be provided with a wetsuit or swimming t-shirt, but you should bring your own swimwear (swim shorts or bikini), and a towel/hat/sunglasses/sunscreen can make the experience more enjoyable.
- Meals are cooked onsite in the hotel restaurant and we will try our best to accommodate any dietary requirements you may have.
- There are no minimum numbers required for the course to operate.
- Maximum of 8 people per booking
- If you are booking as a group, we will ensure your group is kept together for the training. You will be in a small group with a maximum of 4 customers to 1 instructor, but we will strive to provide one instructor for your personal booking whenever possible.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.