3-Day Luxury Desert Tour from Marrakech to Merzouga Desert
With its fabulous dunes formed by wind-blown sand, Erg Chebbi is one of Morocco’s two Saharian Ergs, along with Erg Chigaga. Erg Chebbi, known as Merzouga, has majestic sand dunes that may up to 150 meters and cover an area of 50 kilometers from north to south. It is about 60 kilometers south of Erfoud town and 40 kilometers away from Rissani. Due to former caravan routes in this area, Sijilmassa was a prosperous, separate kingdom from the 8th to the 14th century.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 2x Breakfast
- 2x Dinner
- Accommodation included: 2 nights
- Free airport transfer to your hotel in Marrakech
- Private transfer in comfortable air conditioned vehicle
- English speaking driver & guide during the tour
- Pick up & Drop off at your Marrakech accommodation
- Visiting Ait Benhaddou Kasbah with Guide
- Visiting the cinema studio in Ouarzazate
- Spending one night in a Traditional Kasbah at Dades Valley
- Spending one night in nomad desert camp at Merzouga Dunes with Private Tent
- Camel Trekking with sunset and sunrise
- Private bathroom in your tent (hot shower & toilet)
- Free time to explore sites such as Ait Benhaddou, Cinema Sets, Taourirt Kasbah ... Etc.
- Entry/Admission - Dades Gorges
- Entry/Admission - Merzouga Desert
- Entry/Admission - Medina of Marrakesh
What's excluded :
Day 1: Marrakech - Ait Benhaddou - Ouarzazate - Dades Valley
Stop At: Dades Gorges, R704 Atlas Mountains, Boumalne Dades 45350 Morocco
Pick up from your Riad or hotel at 7:00 AM. We will cross the high Atlas Mountains through Tizi-N-Tichka to reach the gateway of Sahara, Ouarzazate. On the way, we will visit the Ksar of “Ait Ben Haddou” the world-famous UNESCO world heritage site where many Hollywood movies were shot like “Lawrence of Arabia” and “Jesus of Nazareth”. Your guide will show you around the dried river and the highest hill in the Kasbah for a breath-taking view that will make you dizzy with wonder. Afterwards, driving directly to Ouarzazate and crossing the valley of roses and Skoura palm grove to Dades gorges where we will enjoy dinner and spend the night in hotel.
Duration: 6 hours
Accommodation included: Auberge Chez Pierre - Dades Xaluca Hôtel Or similar ((depending the availability)
Day 2: Dades Valley - Todra Gorges - Merzouga Dunes (Erg Chebbi)
Stop At: Merzouga Desert, Merzouga Morocco
On the second day of the 3 days Marrakech to Merzouga desert tour, we will have a traditional Moroccan breakfast, depart from hotel at 8:00 am, drive through the road of 1000 Kasbahs passing by some radiant Berber villages along the way and visit Tineghir with its beautiful palm grove to make our way from there to Todra Gorges. Our next stop will be on the panoramic view of golden dunes in Merzouga Sahara Desert, possible to swim in the swimming pool in your hotel. You will ride camels “two hours in dunes”, watch the beautiful sunset and sleep in Merzouga Desert camp.
Duration: 5 hours
Accommodation included: Luxury Nomad camp including facilities (private bathroom - Hot shower & Toilet inside your tent)
Day 3: Erg Chebbi - Tazarine - Agdez - Marrakech
Stop At: Medina of Marrakesh, Derb Fhal Zefriti n06 Derb Fhal Zefriti, Marrakech 40000 Morocco
On the third day, we will wake up at 5: 30 AM before sunrise to catch the first rays and take a breath of fresh air. After having breakfast in your camp, we will ride camels to meet the driver and make our way to Marrakech crossing Tazarine, the Draa valley, Agdez and Ouarzazate. We will have lunch in one of the restaurants on the way to finally conclude the 3 days desert trip from Marrakech to Merzouga.
Duration: 10 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your Hotel/Riad in Marrakech
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.