3-Day Local Tea and Coffee Farming Experience in Kenya
Become a local farmer for 3 days and wear local gear of gumboots and overcoats to enable you enter the farms. Experience tea picking and coffee berry picking. Find out why they are so popular by experiencing the origin, process, production to the final product. Engage with the local farmers and see how lab our intensive it is so that the Kenyan coffee or tea can be enjoyed in other continents. Please note Coffee and Tea have seasons, depending on the month of travel you may be able to see one activity and not the other.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 2 nights accommodation at Sangare Gardens Farm in Mweiga, Nyeri.
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport from Nairobi and back
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Entrance fees for Farms approx USD20 per adult and USD10 per child to be paid upon arrival to the guide.
- Please note: Only cash currency is accepted. Currency from 2006 on wards
- The main coffee grown in Kenya is Arabica that is rich in acidity and full bodied, however taste varies per region where it is grown. The regions are from Nairobi right to the foothills of Mount Kenya. The coffee is grown in high altitudes (1,400 - 2,100 meters above sea level) in the central highlands with sloping sides from rich deep volcanic soils.
Day 1: Depart Nairobi to Nyeri and visit the local farmer then head to a testing center and Nyeri Conservancy. Later proceed to your hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Depart for Tea Farm and Plantation with testing center as well . Later proceed to the hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 3: After breakfast, pass via one more farm time permitting and proceed to Nairobi arriving in the evening.
Please note mills are closed on Sundays and Public holidays. You may want to purchase some tea or coffee therefore kindly carry some Kenya Shillings with you.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Jomo Kenyatta Intl Airport, Nairobi Kenya
- Wilson Airport, Nairobi Kenya
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Infant meals not included
- A minimum of 02 people per booking is required
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.