3 Day Kalinzu Chimp Trek and Uganda Gorilla Tour
With the 3 day Kalinzu chimpanzee trekking and gorilla trekking at Bwindi National Park safari option, you drive from Kigali, Rwanda straight to Queen Elizabeth National Park in southwestern Uganda for overnight. Trek chimpanzees at Kalinzu forest reserve on day two and complete the tour with gorilla trekking at Bwindi National Park.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 2x Breakfast
- 2x Dinner
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 2 nights
- Gorilla & chimp permits, park entrance fees, driver/guide
- Entry/Admission - Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Entry/Admission - Kalinzu Central Forest Reserve
- Entry/Admission - Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
- Entry/Admission - Kigali Arts Center
What's excluded :
- Visas, flights, and other costs of personal nature
Day 1: Day 1: Pick up at the Kigali hotel or Kigali airport and drive to Queen Elizabeth National Park
Stop At: Queen Elizabeth National Park, 410 kilometers from Kampala, Kasese Uganda
We will pick you up at Kigali airport or downtown Kigali and drive to Queen Elizabeth National Park in southwestern Uganda. Join a short game drive if you arrive early.
Duration: 5 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight at the Bush Lodge or Buffalo Safari Lodge
Day 2: Chimpanzee Trekking at Kalinzu Forest. Transfer to Bwindi National Park after the chimp trek
Stop At: Kalinzu Central Forest Reserve, Bushenyi Uganda
You will start the early morning with a short drive from the lodge to trek chimpanzees at Kalinzu forest forest reserve. Drive to Bwindi National Park after the chimp trek
Duration: 5 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight at Rushaga Gorilla Camp, southern sector of Bwindi National Park in Kisoro
Day 3: Gorilla trekking adventure at Bwindi National Park
Stop At: Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Buhoma Uganda
You will head to the Bwindi national park gate immediately after breakfast to get a briefing about the gorilla trek. The briefing will be conducted by the national park guide and will cover the basics on what to expect during the trek. It is at this point that you will be told which gorilla family to trek. It is likely that you will be joined by other visitors. The gorilla trek can take from a few to many hours depending on how far the gorillas are inside the forest.
Duration: 6 hours
Stop At: Kigali Arts Center, 44 KG 654 St, Kigali Rwanda
After the gorilla trekking is done at Bwindi National Park, we drive to Kigali, Rwanda. The drive to Kigali will go through Cyanika Uganda/Rwanda border. We will then continue the journey through Ruhengeri and finally Kigali city. The drive from Bwindi to Kigali should take 4-5hrs.
Duration: 5 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up at Kigali airport or any location in Kigali, including hotels.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.