3-Day Cappadocia Tour from Kayseri with Optional Balloon Ride
See the best of Cappadocia’s otherworldly landscape on a 3-day tour from Kayseri! With a boutique cave hotel in the heart of the region as a base, the tour includes trips to Rose Valley, Kaymakli Underground City, and a collection of pretty rock-carved villages like Çavuşin and Ortahisar. Visit Göreme Open-Air Museum and upgrade to include a 1-hour hot air balloon flight over Cappadocia's lunar countryside, if you wish! This incredible 3-day tour also includes a round-trip airport transfer from Kayseri Airport.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 2 nights
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if required)
- Round-trip Kayseri Airport transfer (if required)
- 2 nights of accommodation
- Local guide
- Wine tasting (if time permits)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Hot-air balloon flight (if option selected)
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Entry/Admission - Cappadocia Cave Dwellings
- Entry/Admission - Kaymakli Underground City
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entry/Admission - The Citadel
Day 1: Day 1: Kayseri – Cappadocia (D)
Stop At: Cappadocia Cave Dwellings, Urgup Turkey
Start your 3-day tour with an airport transfer from Kayseri Airport to your Cappadocia hotel. Alternatively, if you are already in the greater Cappadocia area, you can opt for a hotel-to-hotel transfer for a hassle-free start to your tour. Once you've checked in, head out by minibus for a tour of the incredible Dervent Valley area. Admire the landscape and stop in Pasabag (Monk’s Valley) to walk through the area’s cone-like rocks where monks and hermits once lived in isolated seclusion.
Continue by minibus to the pottery town of Avanos, and after a break for lunch, travel to Pigeon Valley. See its famous bird-nesting caves and then head to Göreme Open-Air Museum. Exemplified by dusty-looking beige buildings and fairy chimneys, this open-air museum comprises a cluster of rocky monuments that attest to Byzantine life in Cappadocia.
Duration: 7 hours
Accommodation included: 4 star hotel
Day 2: Day 2: Cappadocia (B, D)
Stop At: Kaymakli Underground City, Derinkuyu Turkey
MIGHT BE CHANGED WITH OZKONAK. NO HIKING INCLUDED. Upgrade to start your day in style with a hot air balloon ride over Cappadocia! It’s an early start from your hotel, but once at the hot air balloon office, a buffet breakfast awaits. Tuck in and then take to the skies on a 1-hour flight! Cappadocia’s volcanic origins have left some truly captivating sights, with fairy chimneys punctuating the rocky landscape that you’ll see below you. Finish with a glass of Champagne and then return to your hotel.
If you choose not to take the balloon ride, then spend the early morning at leisure. Both groups meet up in the late morning for your hike through Rose Valley – a beautiful stretch of land that takes its name from the red-hued rock that abounds throughout it. Straddling the villages of Göreme and Çavuşin, the valley is peppered with rock-carved churches and tunnels, and your guide will point out the best ones on your hike. Finish up in Çavuşin, and after visiting its cave mosque, enjoy some free time for lunch (own expense).
Hop aboard your minibus and continue your day’s tour to Kaymakli Underground City, one of Cappadocia’s best-preserved subterranean sites. Explore its maze of passages, seeing underground stable and cellars while learning about the early Christians who once hid here to escape persecution. Return to your coach and travel to Ortahisar for a stroll, admiring its stone houses that surround its crowing rocky glory -- Ortahisar Castle. Stop for photos by this unique fortress and then continue by minibus through Pigeon Valley. If time permits then stop at a wine cellar for a wine-tasting session, and then return to your hotel in time for dinner.
Duration: 7 hours
Accommodation included: 4 star hotel
Day 3: Day 3: Cappadocia – Kayseri (B)
Stop At: The Citadel, Merkez Melikgazi, Kayseri Turkey
Check out of your hotel after breakfast and then finish your 3-day tour with a transfer to Kayseri Airport or another Cappadocia hotel.
Duration: 1 hour
No meals included on this day.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Kayseri Erkilet Airport, Ahmet Yasevi Mahallesi, Merkez, Mustafa Kemal Paşa Blv., 38090 Kocasinan/Kayseri, Turkey
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Please note: You must contact your local service provider 24 hours prior to the tour to reconfirm your departure point and time
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Children under 6 can not join balloon tour.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.