3-Day Bike Tour in Matera with Meals Included
A tiring and epic cycling; an uncontaminated region; a way of traveling that reduces everything to the essential and at the same time leads you to appreciate the little things and the encounters with the locals; Matera, Pietrapertosa, Craco, the San Giuliano reserve, the Gallipoli Cognato park, the badlands; the heart and eyes will be full of beauty at the end of a tiring and hard experience, but therefore regenerating
per adult from
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 2x Dinner
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 2 nights
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
Day 1: From Matera to Grassano (43Km for 750m of altitude gain)
Pass By: Riserva Naturale San Giuliano, S.s.7 Km 560 Exit Diga San Giuliano, 75010 Miglionico Italy
Once out of Matera and completed the long descent, we will find ourselves pedaling in a charming old road that runs alongside the lake and we will have the opportunity to make several stops to take beautiful photos with the afternoon light.
• Dinner: For dinner we will go to the village square which is full of people who typically entertain themselves while chatting.
Accommodation included: We will stay in the only B&B in the country. a simple but fully equipped solution.
Day 2: From Grassano to Pietrapertosa to San Mauro Forte (92Km for 2090m of altitude gain)
Stop At: Parco Regionale di Gallipoli Cognato - Piccole Dolomiti Lucane, Localita Palazzo, 75011 Accettura Italy
A beautiful and shady forest will welcome us entering the heart of the region which will become more and more dense as you climb.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Pietrapertosa, Pietrapertosa, Province of Potenza, Basilicata
On top of a hard rock ridge, surrounded by a suggestive landscape, we will reach the pearl of the day where we will rest a bit from the efforts of the long and steep climb. Arriving you could see the steps of the Flight of the Angel that has Pietrapertosa as the starting and arrival point. The village, invisible during the climb, hides behind the mountain it is leaning against and from our stopping point it will be possible to enjoy the best of an extraordinary view.
Duration: 30 minutes
• Lunch: We will make two stops! The first will be in the Gallipoli Cognato Park on top of the second climb and then to Pietrapertosa
• Dinner: We will have dinner in San Mauro Forte after a well deserved rest and a stop at the rustic Delirium bar we will have dinner at Sottovoce
Accommodation included: In San Mauro there are not many B & Bs; these are apartments that the premises reuse for hospitality
Day 3: From San Mauro to Matera (97Km for 1620m of altitude gain)
Stop At: Craco, Craco, Province of Matera, Basilicata
The ghost village. A jump into a surreal world of a city evacuated and left alone to guard the highest hill in the land of the badlands. We will stop for a coffee break and photos
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Calanchi, 75010 Aliano Italy
We will cross the land of the Badlands; a lunar landscape characterized by a soft and dusty rock that melting and collapsing draws artistic and dramatic forms
• Lunch: Actually we should have returned by lunchtime, but in Pomarico we will stop in the Central ice cream bar
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Bar Caffè Tripoli, Piazza Vittorio Veneto, 17, 75100 Matera MT, Italy
Departure Time :5:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.