2hr COMBO - 1hr Lie-down Sandboarding and 1hr Quad Bike ride
Desert Explorers is considered the number one adventure hub along Namibia's coast. We pride ourselves in providing excellent and friendly service by professional guides. We also prioritize the conservation of our desert by only taking set-out routes and ensuring our desert stays clean. Desert Explorers will be sure to give you an unforgettable experience in Namibia. Our tours are mostly private; however, if we are fully booked during peak season we may group smaller groups together. We generally provide one guide for every six guests. Note that youth who ride their own quad bike pay the adult price.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Quad bike, sandboard, safety gear
What's excluded :
Our combo deals are an excellent idea for those wanting to pack as much adrenaline fun into one day as possible. You'll experience the sheer thrill of riding a quad bike through Namibia's boundless expanse of shifting sand dunes, and also get to speed down these giant dunes on a lie- down sandboard. This is a 2 hour excursions: Guests will ride to the sandboarding location on a quad, and also ride back to our facility on a quad. Guests will receive a short introduction and safety briefing before departure. No experience is required for these activities. All equipment, including the quad bikes and sand boards, are extremely easy to handle and our guides will be with you every step of the way. Stops will be made when necessary and to take photos - we certainly want you to capture this amazing experience. Kids are more than welcome. Both of these activities are considered 'MUST-DO's" in Namibia! This is a fantastic and memorable experience in the oldest desert in the world.
Departure Point :Desert explorers adventure centre, Nathaniel Maxuilili, Swakopmund, Namibia
Traveler pickup is offered
Fees will depend on pick-up location and the amount of persons to be picked up. Please contact our facility regarding specific arrangements. Please confirm how long before your activity time you will be picked up, as times may vary according to location. Airports
- Rooikop Airport, Walvis Bay Namibia
- Walvis Bay International Airport, Namibia
- Walvis Bay port, Unnamed Road, Walvis Bay, Namibia
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/16/2020 - 11/1/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Although Namibia has not been affected to the extent seen in countries with large populations, the risk remains, and we aim to keep our staff and clients safe. Please do not hesitate to call us should you have any concerns or questions. Masks are compulsory, buffs are for sale at our facility.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.