2.5-Hour Hong Kong Must-Eat Street Foods Tour
Nothing explains a city better than its food culture. Follow true foodies who was born and raised in Hong Kong, escape from tourist spots, you will be taken to a mix of tiny restaurants and street food you never find them yourselves, enjoy lots of different and interesting flavours and tastes of HK local delicacies, sweet, bitter, stinky, savoury. Know about story of each food. A truly immersive experience if you want to eat like a local.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Street food fee
- English-speaking local foodie guide
What's excluded :
- Other personal expenses.
- Meet at the metro, then pass by the famous Goldfish Street, start off your street food experience with some delicious Chinese dumplings, followed by some popular local street food including Curry Fish Balls, Egg Waffles, Stinky Tofu, etc. Continue your culinary adventure sampling different local snacks and dim sum, finding our way to one surprise stop and one that celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain loved. There are 8 tasting stops during the experience. At the end of tour, say goodbye near the Ladies' Market and Yau Ma Tei Station.
• Ladies Market, Tung Choi Street, Hong Kong China
• Goldfish Street (Tung Choi Street), No.210 Tung Choi Street, Hong Kong China
• Egg Waffles - Egg waffles were ranked #1 in a 100 Most Popular Hong Kong Street Snack list. A simple mixture of eggs, flour, sugar and evaporated milk.
• Curry Fish Balls - These golden balls of fish are deep-fried in hot oil and then boiled in a delicious and spicy curry sauce. It is a skewer of 5-6 balls usually.
• Pineapple Buns - Pineapple buns don’t have a bit of pineapple in them, but is a slab of melted butter in the middle of a pillowy soft and sweet bun.
• Herbal Tea - Made from dried fruits, flowers, spices or herbs.
• Stinky tofu - Deep fried until it’s perfectly crunchy. But it indeed has a stench that may turn a hungry person off.
• Grilled Squid Tentacles - The tentacles are grilled for a chewy and rubbery texture.
• Organs - A pot of offel, entrails, innards and other animal (usually a cow’s or a pig’s) organs, mixed with peppers, radish and heaps of sweet-salty sauce.
• Cheong Fun - It is a recipe of boiled silky, smooth rice noodle rolls mixed with peanut butter and lard, topped with sesame seeds and a sauce.
Departure Point :Prince Edward Station, Nathan Rd, Prince Edward, Hong Kong
Departure Time :5:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Let us know if you have any dietary restrictions, and we will do our best to accommodate.
- Sorry we cannot adapt our experience to vegetarian or vegan diet.
- Quite a bit of walking will be involved, please wear comfortable shoes.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.