2 Hours Historic Grünerløkka Guided Tour in Oslo
Imagine a river, surrounded by old industrial buildings and parklands. You can almost hear the sounds of the factories well at work, mixed in with the splashing of the river as you stroll along the path. The colourful residential area unexpectedly brightens the mood with the colour palette on display, even on a cloudy day (you’re in the north after all!).
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Oslo, Oslo, Eastern Norway
Imagine a river, surrounded by old industrial buildings and parklands. You can almost hear the sounds of the factories well at work, mixed in with the splashing of the river as you stroll along the path. The colourful residential area unexpectedly brightens the mood with the colour palette on display, even on a cloudy day (you’re in the north after all!). You stumble across a giant chandelier, where around the corner hides a collection of old wooden houses from the 1800s and facades covered in street art. Where in Oslo do you find yourself? You’re in the district of Grünerløkka, Oslo’s trendy and bohemian inner-city neighbourhood, on our Hipstoric Grünerløkka Walk!
During your exploration of Grünerløkka, where there is plenty of hipster vibes and history to go around (aka hipstoric), we’ll dig into one of our favourite parts of Oslo. We climb up the quaint street of Damstredet, where you’ll definitely want to stop to take a photo of the charming hillside houses. We also check in with the dynamic trio: Ibsen, Bjørnson and... (care to wager a guess?), at the Our Savior’s Cemetery.
As if that wasn’t enough, the area is home to one of Norway’s most famous artists, none other than Edvard Munch (if he was your guess, bingo!). By now some time has gone by, and you might have worked up an appetite. Lucky you, we end our Hipstoric Grünerløkka Walk at Mathallen* in the newly established, sustainable neighbourhood of Vulkan (sure to attract foodies and eco-lovers alike). Trust us when we say it’s definitely worth staying for lunch!
Feel the artistic vibrations in the air and prepare for a cultural injection! This is our take on Hipstoric Grünerløkka, what do you think?
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Youngstorget, Oslo, Norway
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Vulkan, Oslo, Norway
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.