2 Hours Guided Tour In The Footsteps Of The Popes in Castel Sant'Angelo
Join us on this 2-hour intimate guided tour to discover the main treasures of Castel Sant Angel staying away from the crowded group tours. With your English-speaking guide, you will admire the impressive castle's architecture. Once you get inside, you will be led through the several historical stages of the Eternal City and admire the incredible masterpieces hosted by the castle. Build as a tomb for the emperor, used through the Middle Ages as a castel, prison, and a place of last refuges for popes under attack, and today a museum, this giant pile of ancient bricks is packed with history, brought to life by your professional guide.
After the tour, take a relaxing walk through Rome's famous narrow streets and enjoy a drink with your local guide.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly (over the 8 people)
- Professional art historian guide
- A drink after the tour
- Entry/Admission - Museo Nazionale di Castel Sant'Angelo
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Castel Sant'Angelo, Castel Sant'Angelo, Province of Rieti, Lazio
You will meet with your guide in front of the main entrance of the Castle.
Stop At: Museo Nazionale di Castel Sant'Angelo, Lungotevere Castello 50, 00193 Rome Italy
Emperor Hadrian thought he couldn’t go wrong when he designed this new tomb for the emperors in 138, three years before his own death. He placed it on the uninhabited bank of the pestilential Tiber, where the imperial megalomania would cause no resentment, and he built it solidly to defend his memory against Time itself. Instead, his last resting place has seen more blood, treachery, and turmoil than any in Rome; his ashes were still warm in the urn when Aurelian made it a bulwark in his walls, inaugurating its history as Rome’s chief citadel and dungeon.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Castel Sant'Angelo, Lungotevere Castello, 50, 00193 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :5:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- The tour reservations have strict timing. To join the tour you are required to be at the meeting point for check-in at least 30 minutes prior to your tour departure time.
- If you arrive late for the meeting time, it will not be possible to join the group or reschedule, unless you pay for the activity again. As per "No Show" rules you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Please be aware that large bags/backpacks/suitcases are not permitted in the monument/ attraction. Only very small bags are allowed. Please do not bring these items with you on the day of your tour as there are no cloakrooms at the monument.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Cancellations, changes or issues due to weather, security and events held by the monument are beyond our control and are directly decided by their administration team. These issues will be reviewed by us and dealt with on an individual basis but are the responsibility of the monument.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.