2-hour private walking tour of the disappearing Shanghai old street
Look behind the glamorous facades of modern Shanghai in this private 2h walking tour through the hidden old town of Shanghai. Experience the buzzing lanes with century old 2-3 story buildings and understand what Shanghai used to be like, a history that's quickly vanishing. Discover ancient wood carvings behind rows of hanging laundry, visit the house where Einstein dined during his stay and and explore numerous other highlights your guidebook doesn't tell you about. And with the help of your guide, you can try traditional snacks at the fresh market, chat with locals about their daily lives and gain insight into the beating heart of this buzzing metropolis.
Update: In February of 2019, the Shanghai Government published the plan to tear down most of the old streets by the end of 2019. They will give way to new high rise living and office buildings. This might be the last opportunity to get a glimpse of Shanghai's original past.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Shanghai Confucian Temple
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Old Town (Nanshi), Huangpu District, Shanghai 200000 China
the original downtwon before British arrived
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Shanghai Confucian Temple, No.215 Wenmiao Road Huangpu District, Shanghai 200010 China
One of the beautiful temple in Shanghai
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Small South Gate, Huangpu, Shanghai, China
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 15 people per booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off can be organized on request
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.