2-Hour Private Salzburg City Highlights Tour
See the best of Salzburg on this private 2-hour morning or afternoon sightseeing tour. The birthplace of Mozart, setting for ‘The Sound of Music,’ and home of famous Baroque architecture, Salzburg is a UNESCO World Heritage site and Austria’s fourth largest city. See top attractions including Mirabell Palace, St Peter's Abbey, Salzburg Cathedral and Hellbrunn Palace. This tour is the perfect introduction to the charming and culturally rich city of Salzburg and can be tailored to your interests.
This private tour is limited to eight people for a more intimate experience.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour
- Transport by minivan or Mercedes E-class
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Salzburg Cathedral, Kapitelplatz 2, Salzburg 5020 Austria
Feel free to ask your guide to adjust this itinerary to suit your preferences. At the conclusion of your 2-hour private tour of Salzburg, you'll have seen many of the city's don't-miss sights and have a better idea of where you'd like to spend more time
Pass By: Mirabell Palace and Gardens, Mirabellplatz 4, Salzburg 5020 Austria
Pass Mirabell Palace, the city seat of government, and its gorgeous gardens, which were featured in the beloved film The Sound of Music. Continue to Old Town (Alstadt) and see the two festival halls that draw thousands of opera fans during the annual summer Salzburg Festival. Admire St Peter's Abbey, a Benedectine monastery dating back to the year 696, and Salzburg Cathedral, a stately Baroque cathedral where composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was baptized.
Pass By: St. Peter's Abbey (Stift St. Peter), Sankt-Peter-Bezirk off Kapitalpl., Salzburg 5020 Austria
see from the distance
Pass By: Mozart Residence (Mozart Wohnhaus), Makartplatz 8, Salzburg 5020 Austria
On your way back to your hotel, pass the Mozart Residence (Mozart Wohnhaus), where the legendary composer wrote many of his masterpieces.
Stop At: Schloss Hellbrunn, Fuerstenweg 37, Salzburg 5020 Austria
Next, marvel at three magnificent palaces -- Frohnburg Palace, Hellbrunn Palace and Schloss Leopoldskron -- all of which are connected to scenes from The Sound of Music.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Nonnberg Convent, Nonnberggasse 2, Salzburg 5020 Austria
Make sure to also capture photos of Nonnberg Abbey, the majestic abbey where Maria Augusta Kutschera -- whose life story The Sound of Music was based on -- was a postulant.
Pass By: Salzburger Altstadt, Altstadt, Salzburg Austria
pass the baroque outlines...
Pass By: Panorama Tours, Salzburg Austria
After morning or afternoon pickup from your Salzburg hotel, travel by Mercedes-Benz E-Class (up to three people) or minivan (up to eight people) on your highlights tour of Salzburg. Being on a private tour makes for a more relaxed, flexible sightseeing experience and guarantees more attention from your city guide, who will share facts and stories about Salzburg's long and tumultuous history and cultural importance.
Departure Point :Hubert-Sattler-Gasse 1, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
Traveler pickup is offered
For hotel pick up please wait in the hotel lobby
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise at time of booking your hotel details
- We are happy to arrange the private city tour according to your personal interest, however please be aware this tour includes photo stops only – no walking tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.