2 Days Varanasi tour package for first timers
You’ll always remember your first time in Varanasi. From sunrise boat rides to participation in evening prayer ceremony and walking into old lanes, here’s how to make the most of India’s cultural capital.
Varanasi, One of the most colorful and fascinating places on earth, surprises abound around every corner. Most visitors agree Varanasi is magical – but not for the faint-hearted. Intimate rituals of life and death take place in public, and the sights, sounds and smells on the Ghats – can be intense. Still, the so-called City of Light may turn out to be your favorite stop of all. Walking the Ghats and alleyways or watching sunrise from a boat can be unforgettable.
per adult from
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- 01 Night accommodation in an excellent 5 star category Hotel with complimentary breakfast.
- Private rowing boat in the evening for seeing aarti ceremony and during morning
- All airport and railway station transfers, sightseeing & excursions will be by a private chauffeur driven, AC Toyota Car.
- Services of an English speaking local guide for the monuments as per the program.
- All currently applicable taxes, including the GST of 5.0% applicable on total invoice amount
- Entry/Admission - Ganges River
- Entry/Admission - Manikarnika Ghat
- Entry/Admission - Ganga Aarti
- Entry/Admission - Dasaswamedh Ghat
- Entry/Admission - Sarnath
What's excluded :
- Any other services not mentioned in the inclusion
Day 1: Varanasi arrival + Walking tour + Participate in evening prayer ceremony with boat
Stop At: Ganges River, Varanasi India
On arrival at Varanasi airport or railway station, you will be met you company Representative and will be transferred to your booked Hotel [Accommodation for 01 Night by service provider included].
Later in afternoon and drive to Main Spice Market [Shops remains closed on Sundays]. You will step into old lanes of Varanasi. A guided walk in Varanasi old streets and through thousands years old alleys, holy temples will leave you mesmerised.
Discover the sacred and oldest living culture of this ancient city with getting yourself into these old streets. A walk which promises surprise at every step is extremely rich in its insights and sights.
This Varanasi walk takes place in Northern part of the Ghats, and will give real insights of Varanasi. With this walking tour one would be able to see Kashi Vishwanasth Temple, Famous Food Streets of Varanasi, Kachuri Gali, and Perfume Market, Flower market, Silk Market, Souvenirs Market, Spice Market and many countless things.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Manikarnika Ghat, Ghasi Tola Road, Varanasi 221001 India
Later in the evening you will be taken to river bank of Ganga to see cremation rituals followed by witnessing the mesmerising grand prayer (aarti) ceremony with a private boat.
On reaching cremation ground – Manikarnika Ghat, you will see all cremation rituals. This is the only place in the world where cremation goes for 24 hours and every 3rd minute a new dead body arrives for cremation rituals. Know the logic behind burning of dead bodies and see all cremation rituals being performed from your boat with your naked eyes. Photography is not allowed here.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ganga Aarti, Dashashwamedh ghat Road, Varanasi 221001 India
Later after it glide towards to main Ghat [main river bank area] to witness evening prayer ceremony which is a kind of Hindu way of worship, which is basically an event organised every- day to give thanks to river Ganges. Normally a Hindu worship is done privately, but this worship ceremony is done on the river bank of Ganges openly and publicly. It is only of its kind, therefore attracts thousands of people daily to witness it. This Hindu ritual of saying thanks is very unique and surreal. It started a few years ago but making its importance rapidly to the world.
Later in the middle of this prayer perform candle release rituals in river Ganga. It is said, while doing this, you can wish for smoothing and your wishes gets fulfilled. Guide will chant Mantras for you for this special and spiritual ritual.
The ceremony takes place on small wooden steps at the edge of the Ghat. 7 young priests in vermilion saffron perform a synchronised prayer ceremony for 45 minutes.
The ceremony marks an end when priest pours water in the river and chant prayers. This is followed by people offering lamps and flower pots into the river. As the prayer concludes the lamps are immersed into the waters. A belief goes here that before this evening prayer ceremony begins if somebody leaves a lighted lamp in the holy water of Ganges, with a wish in his mind, his wish will come true soon. This act is one of the very simple yet very fulfilling and trusted.
Duration: 2 hours
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: Hotel The Madin or Similar - 5 Star Category Hotel
Day 2: Sunrise boat ride + Visit to Sarnath + Departure transfer
Stop At: Dasaswamedh Ghat Road Bangali Tola, Varanasi 221001 India
30 minutes prior to dawn, you will be taken on a boat excursion on the holy river Ganges where you will see the bathing Ghats and cremation site. As you watch people taking holy dips in Ganges and executing the worshipping rituals on the Ghats, you will feel the spirituality of the locals and it might lead you to the deeper insight into your existence in this universe.
After this return back to your Hotel.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Sarnath Via-Anlabereni, Varanasi 759026 India
After breakfast drive to Sarnath.
Buddha owns favorite place, Sarnath is among the greatest tourist destinations in Varanasi & has utmost importance in Buddhism religion and culture. Situated 10 kms from Varanasi, Sarnath has religious, cultural and architectural significance. It was in the Deer park in Sarnath where Gautama Buddha delivered his first sermon post-enlightenment. It is a place where from this religion and culture started. The place rose to its significance during reigns of Ashoka who erected numerous stupas here.
You will see Ruins of Sarnath, Budhha Temple, large Buddha statue, Archeological museum [Museum remains closed on Fridays] and deer park.
This tour will be completed approximately by 01:00 PM.
Later after this at an ideal time transfer to Varanasi airport or railway station to catch your flight or train to your onward destination
Duration: 4 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We shall pick-up guests from Varanasi airport or railway station. We need arrival/departure flight or train details. Airports
- Varanasi Airport, Varanasi India
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- No high heel shoes are recommended to wear
- An additional Christmas Evening and New Year evening gala dinner will be extra and addition at Hotel and should be settled directly with clients in Hotel.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Be aware of others’ personal space – avoid hugs, kisses, and handshakes Our staff will wear masks and gloves during check-in, loading guests, and when guests need help from staff and unloading. During the tour, masks may be removed so guests can hear the tour. CDC social distancing guidelines will be followed. Our staff will only take guest photos from their phones
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.