2 Days Trek Huchuy Qosqo Trek to Machu Picchu
This trek is ideal for those passengers who really want to be far in the middle of nowhere with only nature surrounding them. Huchuy Qosqo (small Cusco) is situated above the Valley of Urubamba and offers spectacular views over the mountain range Cordillera de Vilcanota.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- 1x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 2 nights
- Guide, entrance fees , food (1 breackfast,1 lunch, 1 Dinner
- Hostel Accommodation
- Vegetarian Option or special diet available
- Transports , Train round trip , van round trip , Bus up and down
- Entry/Admission - Huchuy Qosco
What's excluded :
- Food Breakfast day 1 and lunch, dinner day 2
- Cold water and snacks
- Hot Spring in Aguas Calientes (s/20)
- Huayna Picchu Mountain (US$25 ) and Machu Picchu Mountain (US$ 25)
Day 1: Cusco - Tauca -Huchuyqosqo Pass - Huchu Yqosqo - Lamay Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes
Stop At: Huchuy Qosco, Oficina 212 Calle Triunfo 392 Main Square of Cusco, Calca Peru
You will start driving from your hotel to the small Village of Tauca, (3750m) the beginning of your trek will be on level terrain, and the landscape will be that of typical Andean valleys rich in corn, potatoes, barley, quinoa and other Andean tubers. As you ascend towards your pass at 4050m, the landscape begins to change dramatically to that classic of high Andean savannah or Puna, with scant vegetation, mainly “ichu” or high altitude grass. The views of the Cordillera Vilcabamba peaks are spectacular: Veronica, Pitusiray, Chicon and San Juan snow peaks.
Soon after the pass you will start your descent toward the Huchuy Qosqo plains hiking along a path that leads to the Ccauca ravine, where you will be able to see archaeological remains and wild crops, such as tarwi, and a large quantity of cacti. You will walk downhill towards the Leon Punku ravine, where you will find remains of an Inca bridge and trail. This canyon boasts geological formations surrounded by majestic rocks and boulders that direct the river to Huchuy Qosqo at 3650 m. Huchuy Qosqo (“Little Cuzco”) is a Noteworthy Inca complex. It boasts very fine stonework in a large Kallanka (rectangular Hall), some residential and defensive quarters and interesting two-story buildings in stone and adobe. Huchuy Qosqo is located on a plateau, surrounded by Inca agricultural terracing and commanding superb views of the Vilcabamba range.
Afterwards we’ll go down hill to Lamay at 2900m where we’ll catch our transport driving to Ollantaytambo. Ollantaytambo is the place where we’ll continue by train to Aguas Calientes town. Overnight in hotel.
Duration: 8 hours
• Lunch: Traditional Peruvian Food
• Dinner: Traditinal Peruvian Food
Accommodation included: Hostel
Day 2: Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Cusco
Stop At: Machu Picchu, Machu Picchu, Sacred Valley, Cusco Region
Early breakfast and then take the first bus at 5:30am to be at Machu Picchu at 6am (only 25 minutes ride by bus) where you will get a guided tour (2 hours) then free time to explore the lost city of Machu Picchu. Go down to the Aguas Calientes town to return to Ollantaytambo by train and then we will take a bus back to Cusco's main square.
Duration: 5 hours
• Breakfast: Box Lunch
Accommodation included: Not included
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Main Office cuesta santa ana Nª 702
Departure Time :5:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A small Backpack at least 30 lt
- Original passport, don’t forget to get the Machu Picchu stamp!
- International Student Identity card (ISIC) if applicable. Green card if you are student
- Travel Insurance card is essential
- Medicines and personal use items, credit or debit card (see personal spending money), camera and films, rechargeable batteries and adapters, binoculars, cover for backpacks, shirts/t-shirts, sun hat, sun block, sunglasses, toiletries (biodegradable), watch or alarm clock, water bottle, rain poncho, plastic bags for your personal stuff to keep dry
- Emergency money at least 200- 300 extra soles (USD$120)
- Note: walking poles are not allowed into Machu Picchu
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.