2 Days Tour to Galle & Yala National Park From Negombo
- During your boat ride, in Madu Ganga, you can see a huge mangrove forest by the river banks. Boats will ride under a short tunnel, which is made out of mangrove. You can see many birds and animals who are living in this aquatic environment.
- Visit Galle which is the capital city of the Southern Province of Sri Lanka. The town has a World Heritage Site to its name and that is predominantly responsible for its popularity with tourists. This is the 300-year-old Dutch Fort, but there are other historical buildings to view as well.
at last, get experienced Sri Lanka's most famous wildlife park.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Mangrove Boat
- Bottled water
- Air-condition Car or Van
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- English Speaking Driver Cum Guide
- Entry/Admission - Madu River
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees (STILT FISHING Experience,Yala National Park)
- Entry/Admission - Kosgoda Sea Turtle Conservation Project
- Entry/Admission - Stilt Fishermen Sri Lanka
- Entry/Admission - Yala National Park
Day 1: Negombo - Galle
Stop At: Old Town of Galle and its Fortifications, Galle 80000 Sri Lanka
Today’s town has grown greatly and spreads into the surroundings but the Fort is the slowbeating heart of Galle‘s history. The walled city has stood since the early sixteenth century, through the Colonial periods of the Portuguese, Dutch and British and in our present times is proclaimed as an Archaeological Reserve and has been identified as a living World Heritage Site. The etymology of the name Galle is explained as probably an altered form of the Sinhalese word “gala”: a cattle fold or posting-place from which the Portuguese named it Point-de-Galle.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Galle Fort, Church Street, Galle 80000 Sri Lanka
The Galle Fort, or Dutch Fort as it is also known, is a fortification first built by the Portugese on the Southwestern coast of Sri Lanka. The initial fortifications, which were built in the late 16th century, were quite basic. According to a statement by UNESCO the site was recognized as a World Heritage Site for its unique exposition of an urban ensemble which illustrates the interaction of European architecture and South Asian traditions from the 16th to the 19th centuries which is the criteterion number four for such recognition.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Galle Fort Lighthouse, Rampart Street Galle Fort, Galle 80000 Sri Lanka
The Galle lighthouse is situated inside the landmark Galle Fort. It is built seven meters above the road on the ramparts.This is Sri Lanka’s oldest light station dating back to 1848, but the original lighthouse was destroyed by fire in 1934. It was rebuilt at the current height of 26m. The light station is within the walls of the ancient Galle fort, a UNESCO world heritage site and well known tourist attraction, making this the country’s most often visited lighthouse.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Dutch Reformed Church, Church Street, Galle 80000 Sri Lanka
The Groote Kerk or Dutch Reformed Church is located within the Galle fort in Galle, Sri Lanka and is situated near the entrance to the fort. The church was built by the Dutch in 1755 and is one of the oldest Protestant churches still in use in the country
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Kosgoda Sea Turtle Conservation Project, 13A Galle Road, Kosgoda 80570 Sri Lanka
Welcome to Sea Turtle Hatchery - Mahamodara. We rescue turtles who are in danger of loosing their lives to the fishing industry whether they are caught in nets or hunted for meat. We currently have 40 turtles, including 4 types of turtle. All are welcome to come and visit to see and learn about Tara turtles here in Sri Lanka.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Stilt Fishermen Sri Lanka, Koggala Sri Lanka
Stilt fishing is a method of fishing unique to the island country of Sri Lanka, known as “the Pearl of the Indian Ocean”. The fishermen sit on a cross bar called a ‘petta’ tied to a vertical pole and driven into the sand a few meters offshore. From this high position, the fishermen casts his line, and waits until a fish comes along to be caught. Although the approach looks primitive and ancient,
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Madu River, Nilwala River Safari, Bridge View, Custom Road, Balapitiya , Sri Lanka 941906362 Call And Contact, Balapitiya 80550 Sri Lanka
Madu River is a wetland, near the Small town "Balapitiya" along the Colombo Galle highway. This is the point where the Estuary of the Madu river. The river flows through a terrain where it creates a large number of islands, and the eco system creates a beautiful wetland. The hotels around provide boat rids through the canals created at a good cost. And there are loads of places to stay, dine and wine.
Duration: 2 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight Stay at 3 star Hotel
Day 2: Galle - Yala -Negombo
Stop At: Yala National Park Sri Lanka
Yala National Park is a huge area of forest, grassland and lagoons bordering the Indian Ocean, in southeast Sri Lanka. It’s home to wildlife such as leopards, elephants and crocodiles, as well as hundreds of bird species. Inland, Sithulpawwa is an ancient Buddhist monastery. Nearby caves contain centuries-old rock paintings. Southwest, Magul Maha Viharaya also has ancient Buddhist ruins. Both are pilgrimage sites
Duration: 4 hours
Pass By: Angurukaramulla Temple, Temple road, Negombo 22100 Sri Lanka
Admire the 6 m (19.5 ft) tall Buddha statue at Angurukaramulla Temple, before entering to see colorful paintings and sculptures. At the very entrance, you'll see a sculpture of a dragon, which protects the temple from evil spirits. Step inside and you'll find yourself surrounded by ancient murals, paintings, and colorfully adorned deities, especially on the ceiling of the shrine room. The temple tells the stories of the queens and kings who used to rule the country, as well as depicting Buddha’s journey to enlightenment.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Bandaranayake Intl Airport, Colombo Sri Lanka
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The duration of transfers are approximate 8 hours, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.