2 Days tour in Axum from Addis Ababa
Start and end in Axum! With two days tour to Axum, you have 2 day tour package taking you through Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and the holy land of Axum in Ethiopia. Two days trip to Axum includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
The famous historic route is one of the best destinations in the world to travel centuries back to perceive the civilizations of the ancient and medieval Ethiopia, medieval monasteries of lake Tana, African Camelot castle of Gonder, the UNESCO list Simien mountains, Axum birth place of Ethiopian civilizations, the rock churches of Tigray and UNESCO registered eighth wonders of world- Lalibeal, with the savanna grassland Awash national park and walled city of Harar are living testimonies that endow with you a complete and full history of the country.
per adult from
What's included :
- 2x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- 1x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 2 nights
- Transportation including transfer in and out
- Professional English speaking guide
- bottled mineral water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Enterance fee
- Entry/Admission - Northern Stelae Field
- Entry/Admission - Addis Ababa Museum
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks
Day 1: Day 1: Domestic Flight to Axum and City Tour
Stop At: Northern Stelae Field, Near St Mary of Zion Church, Axum Ethiopia
You will take the morning flight to Axum which typically departs at 08:10am. Up on arrival, check in hotel, and you will have a city tour in the UNESCO World Heritage Site. Legends narrate in the Kebre Nagast (Book of Kings) how the city of Axum as early as the 10th century B.C. was already the city where the Queen of Sheba resided. It is told that the son of Queen of Sheba and King Solomon, Menelik, brought the Ark of the Covenant from Jerusalem to Axum and it remained there to this day, preserved in a sanctuary. Famous long before the time of Christ, Axum was the capital of the long Axumite reign, one of the oldest African empires and represented a crucial trade connecting-point between Africa and Asia for almost a thousand years. Visit the Granite stone Stele of Axum, the Tombs of King Kaleb and his son King G/Meskel, the Ezana’s stone inscriptions, Queen of Sheba’s palace and Swimming pool, and the Church of Zion, the final resting place of the True Ark of Covenant.
Duration: 1 day
Accommodation included: Hotel
Day 2: Day 2: Axum departure to Addis Ababa
Stop At: Addis Ababa Museum, Meskel Square, Addis Ababa Ethiopia
In the early morning, you will leave Axum, and flying to Addis Ababa. Starting from 02:00am, you will head to the airport for checking in to your flight departing starting from 10:00am. Upon arrival in Addis Ababa, you will have a shuttle service to your hotel and then END.
Duration: 4 hours
Accommodation included: Accommodation is not included on this day
Departure Point :Aksum, Ethiopia
Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Axum Airport, Axum Ethiopia
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.