2 Days in the Magical Colca Valley + Transportation to Puno
Experience an amazing adventure on this 2-day tour from Arequipa with a visit to the Colca Canyon and ending the tour in the city of Puno. Relax in a three stars hotel and enjoy the beautiful views of the mountains and the dramatic landscapes along the way.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide, Spanish/English speaking
- 1 night in a 3 stars hotel(Chivay)
- Continental breakfast
- Touristic ticket
- Bus ticket from Chivay to Puno
What's excluded :
- 02 Lunch
- 01 Dinner
- Entrance to the hot springs S/15.00 SOLES
- Water and snacks
Day 01: Arequipa - Chivay
Approximately at 8:00 a.m. we will pick you up from your hotel and depart from Arequipa. We drive over the road through Yura and set course to Chachani volcano, where we pass the Pampa Cañahuas National Reserve and where we will see wild vicuñas, alpacas and llamas. After passing the National Reserve we will drink a Coca tea, which helps to prevent any possible problems with the altitude of 4000 m.a.s.l.
We continue our way and make several stops to watch migratory and residential birds in the wetlands of Vizcachani and Tocra Pampa. The altitude is over 4300 m.a.s.l. there. At the viewpoint of the volcanoes, at 4910 m.a.s.l. you will be able to see the volcanic mountain range ‘El Chila’, where the Amazon River has the most remote source.
Around 11:00 a.m. we will arrive in Chivay and visit the hot springs, La Calera. The medicinal water has a temperature of 36 degrees Celsius. Originally the water has temperature of 78 degrees Celsius, but after a few processes this is diminished to 36 degrees Celsius. The medicinal water has a beneficial effect on arthritis, rheumatism and skin diseases.
In Chivay we will eat dinner with a folkloric show and spend the night.
Day 02: Chivay - Cruz del Cóndor - Maca- Yanque - Arequipa
Early morning after breakfast at 06:00 we leave to the viewpoint Cruz del Condor, where we will arrive around 08:30 a.m. At this viewing point you will have a good chance of seeing the Condor fly, a magnificent bird with a wingspan of three meters. You can also enjoy the view over the Colca Canyon. We will stay here for approximately one hour and a half. Then we will return to Chivay, stopping on the way at the natural viewing points Wayrapunko, Choquetico and Antahuilque, where you can see the impressive work of the Inca’s and Pre- Incas’s, grave tombs in the mountains and litho models. You will visit the traditional villages Pinchollo, Maca y Yanque and finish in Chivay. Here we have lunch and afterwards we take a mini-van to go to Puno. We leave at 13.00hrs and arrive to Puno city at the bus station at 19:30hrs.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Meeting point at Casa de Avila Hotel and pick up around 0.7 Km.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.