2 days in the desert in a small group
Discover the natural beauty of the Middle Atlas and the Sahara during a two-day small group excursion from Fez to Erg Chebbi. Observe Berber villages on the mountainside, ride a camel and spend the night in a camp in the desert.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- All Fees and Taxes
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
Day 1: Day 1: Fez - Ifrane - Midelt - Merzouga
Pass By: Merzouga Desert, Merzouga Morocco
Leave Fez and cross the Ifrane ski resort, built by the French in the 1930s, in the style of a Swiss village. Continue with Azrou cedar forest and open your eyes to spot the monkeys that live there before embarking on the ascent of the Middle Atlas. Snake through beautiful forests, mountain springs, jagged rocks and Berber villages before descending towards the Sahara Desert.
Halfway, mark a lunch break in the city of Midelt, famous for its rocks and fossils. Then take the direction of Merzouga and let yourself be imbued by the panoramic views of the huge palm oasis of Ziz. When you arrive in Rissani, travel through the desert in an off-road vehicle and join Merzouga in the afternoon. There, your guide will meet you with the camels that will take you to Erg Chebbi. Watch the sunset from your horse during the 2-hour trek that separates you from the Berber camp. Your camels will be tied up while you enjoy a mint welcome tea. Enjoy a delicious dinner and relax while watching the stars in the sky.
Accommodation included: Desert Tent
Day 2: Merzouga - Erfoud - Fes
Pass By: Fes el-Bali, Fes 30110 Morocco
Get up early and climb the dunes to watch the sun rise just behind the Algerian border, about 50 km from Merzouga. Re-get on your camel to cross the desert in the direction of a good shower and a tasty breakfast before boarding an all-terrain vehicle in Rissani. On the way back to Fez for 7 hours, enjoy comfortable breaks.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from your Hotel and Riad
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.