2-Day Zagora Tour from Marrakech Including the Atlas Mountains, Camel Trek and Desert Camp
Delve deep into the High Atlas Mountains and discover the best of rural Morocco on this 2-day desert tour from Marrakech to Zagora, with a camel trek and overnight at a Bedouin Sahara desert camp included. Take the Tizi-n-Tichka pass through the High Atlas Mountains, where Berber villagers enjoy life at an altogether slower pace. Visit the UNESCO-listed Kasbah Aït Ben Haddou with your guide and relax at your leisure in Ouarzazate. Trek into the Zagora Desert on camel back and enjoy panoramic views before sitting down to a traditional Moroccan dinner and camping under the stars. Group size is limited to 17 on this tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Camel trekking in the Zagora desert
- Overnight accommodation in a private tent at a Berber camp in the Zagora desert
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
What's excluded :
- Local guides
Day 1: Marrakech – Ouarzazate – Zagora
Stop At: Morocco, Morocco
Following a morning pickup from your accommodation in Marrakech, hop aboard your air-conditioned minivan and head out of the city toward the High Atlas Mountains to begin your tour. Take the Tizi-n-Tichka pass through traditional Berber villages where local shepherds herd their flocks, and enjoy panoramic views of Morocco’s open countryside.
Stop for refreshments at a local cafe (own expense) before heading on to the UNESCO World Heritage site of Kasbah Aït Ben Haddou, a famous film production location. Enjoy free time to visit the site, or hire a local guide (own expense) to explore in greater detail.
Just after midday, continue on to Ouarzazate for lunch at your leisure (own expense). Perhaps visit Taourirte Kasbah, where people from the Atlas, Drâa and Dadès Valleys have traded and socialized for centuries.
In the early afternoon, continue on through the Anti Atlas Mountains to the oasis of Agdz and enjoy time to relax, then carry on past the palm trees and Berber villages of the Drâa Valley to Zagora. On arrival, meet your camel caravan and set off on your camel trekking adventure deep into the Zagora Desert.
Enjoy beautiful views of the setting sun on route to your desert camp, then enjoy a traditional Moroccan dinner under the stars as locals play traditional folk songs for your entertainment.
Overnight: Accommodation at a private tent in a Bedouin desert camp with showers and bathroom ( outside your tent ).
Duration: 6 hours
Stop At: Marrakech, Marrakech, Marrakech-Safi
Your start will be from Marrakech around 7h00 and 7h300.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Ouarzazate, Ouarzazate, Souss-Massa
You will have a stop here with us to rest before continuing the rest of the road.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Ait Ben Haddou, Ait Ben Haddou, Souss-Massa
Here you will also have a stop to take lunch and discover the wonderful views of the big Kasbah ait ben haddou.
Duration: 2 hours
Accommodation included: Desert camp
Day 2: Zagora – Ouarzazate – Marrakech
Stop At: Zagora Markets, N12, Zagora 47900 Morocco
Take an early stroll and enjoy beautiful views of the desert sunrise (optional) then, following breakfast at the camp, ride your camel back to Zagora and meet your driver to begin your return journey to Marrakech.
Stop on route for refreshment in Agdz (own expense) and relax at your leisure, then continue on to Ouarzazate for lunch (own expense) and more free time. Visit Taourirte Kasbah (if you weren't able to the previous day) and soak up the atmosphere in this ancient Moroccan meeting place.
In the afternoon, hop back aboard your vehicle for the final journey across the High Atlas Mountains and arrive back at your Marrakech hotel in the evening.
Duration: 6 hours
Pass By: Marrakech, Marrakech, Marrakech-Safi
For this step, you will take the road back to Marrakech after a wonderful time in the Moroccan desert tour.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Directions: Hotel pickup is available from hotels and riads located in central Marrakech. Please be sure to advise your hotel details at the time of reconfirmation to arrange your pickup time. If your riad is inside the Medina, you will be asked to make your way to the nearest place accessible to vehicles, which may involve a short walk.Airports
- Menara Airport, Marrakech Morocco
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Good walking shoes, sunscreen and sunglasses are recommended
- A conservative dress code is recommended in Morocco. Men and women should keep their upper body as well as their knees covered at all times as a sign of respect to the local culture. Wearing shorts is not recommended. It can be cold at night and in the winter so please bring appropriate clothing
- Please note: due to the long distances, approximately 8 hours will be spent driving each day
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Masks are required, please bring your own
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.