2-Day Zagora Desert Tour from Marrakech
Explore the wild landscapes of the Sahara Desert on this 2-day adventure from Marrakech and travel much further than is possible on a day trip.
Aventurez-vous profondément dans la campagne marocaine au cours de cette excursion accidentée, avec ramassage privé de Marrakech. Vous visiterez des endroits spectaculaires dans les montagnes de l'Atlas, sans lésiner sur le confort. Hop un chameau pour atteindre votre camping berbère, et dormir sous les étoiles. Votre guide sera sur place pour garantir une vue d'initié de la vie dans les montagnes, des dîners traditionnels aux châteaux pittoresques. Vous aurez également le temps de visiter les boutiques d'artisanat local.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1 bottle of water/ day while on the road
- dinner the first day breakfast the second day
- Driver/guide (French & English)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- camel rede 1h
What's excluded :
- Frais d'entrée
- Food and drinks
- • -day tour to Zagora from Marrakech, with camel trek and desert camp
• Take the Tizi-n-Tichka pass through the High Atlas Mountains with a guide
• Discover the UNESCO World Heritage site of Aït Ben Haddou and the Drâa Valley
• Visit the ancient settlement of Ouarzazate
• Cross the dunes of the Zagora Desert on camel back and enjoy a spectacular desert sunset
• Spend the night in a Berber desert camp among the sand dunes
• Tour includes
• Moroccan dinner 1 day and round-trip travel from Marrakech
• Meals included: Breakfast 2 day
• Day 1: Marrakesh - Zagora
After pickup from Marrakech at 7am, you will begin your journey crossing the High Atlas Mountains through the Tizi n'tichka pass toward the beautiful village of Ait Benhaddou. Upon arrival at the site, enjoy the splendour of its historical castle which is built on a hill, overlooking the area.
From there, you will stop in Draa Valley well-known for its amazing Ksour and Kasbah before climbing to an altitude of over 3,800 feet (1160 meters) in the arid land of Ouarzazate city. Within the last portion of the drive connecting Ouarzazate with Zagora, you will admire the most beautiful valleys of Morocco and its beautiful villages filled with local handicraft shops.
In the past, the Oasis of Zagora was a caravan centre, the starting point of the great trans-Saharan convoys. Once there, you will enjoy a 1-hour camel ride from Zagora to reach the bivouac campsite. Along the way, you will be able to view the amazing panoramic sunset. At the camp, you will savour a traditional dinner under the starlit sky and retire to your tent to spend the night near the dunes of Zagora.
Day 2: Zagora - Marrakesh
In the early morning around 5am, you will wake to a beautiful sunrise over the sand dunes and enjoy a typical Berber breakfast offered at the camp. Once again, you will ride camel for 1 hour going to Zagora. If time and weather permits, you will visit Tamegroute. It's only about 13 miles (20 kilometers) from Zagora on the old road to Timbuktu. The town is known for its historical library of the Koranic School of Zaouia Naciria and by the handicrafts cooperative of pottery.
Along the route to Marrakech, you will enjoy lunch in a local restaurant (at own expense) before making the circuit again through the Atlas mountains and through the Tizi n'Tichka pass.
Departure Point :Pick-up de votre hôtel ou riad.
Departure Time :7h20 (ramassage de l'hôtel ou du riad dans la ville de Marrakech) 7h40 (la visite commence)
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- La confirmation sera reçue au moment de la réservation
- Les enfants doivent être accompagnés par un adulte
- Option végétarienne est disponible, s'il vous plaît aviser au moment de la réservation si nécessaire
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 17 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.