2 day trek including transfer to Puno / Colca Canyon
Come and enjoy an impressive 2 day trek through one of the deepest canyons in the world. Our guide will show you all the beauties of the valley such as huge birds, beautiful alpacas and vicuñas and more than 79 different types of cactus. Our tour starts very early to be able to arrive on time at the Condor's Cross and watch the condors flying over our heads and follow our route to Cabanaconde from where our adventure begins. The second day after the Hot Springs we take you by bus straight to Puno and drop you off in your hotel if it's in the center of the city. Do not miss it and book now. It will be an unforgettable experience!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 2x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- 1x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 2 nights
- Transfer from Chivay to Puno
What's excluded :
- Entrance to the Colca Canyon which is 70 soles (local currency) for most of the nationalities
- Entrance to the Hot Springs which costs 15 soles (local currency).
- Last lunch in Chivay / We stop in a restaurant with buffet from the region. The price is 30 soles.
- Entry/Admission - Oasis Sangalle
- Entry/Admission - Hot Springs Chacapi
Day 1: Arequipa city - Chivay - Condor’s cross - Sangalle
Stop At: Historic Centre of Arequipa, Arequipa Peru
Pickup at your hotel/hostel in Arequipa. Direct transfer to Chivay.
Stop At: Plaza de Armas de Chivay, Chivay Peru
We arrive in Chivay around 7:30 am to have breakfast. This town is famed for its traditional houses and its colourful landscape.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Condor's Cross, Cabanaconde 04124 Peru
The condor's cross viewpoint is known as the best place in South America to see the Andean Condor flying. The Andean Condor Bird can weigh up to 12 kg with a wingspan of over 3 metres!
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Oasis Sangalle, Cabanaconde 04124 Peru
Sangalle is a village at an altitude of approximately 1900 masl. There you can enjoy the warm swimming pool to relax after a long day hiking. We arrive to Sangalle at approximately 17:00 hrs. At night, we have dinner and sleepover in bungalows.
Duration: 11 hours
Stop At: Colca Canyon, Peru
Between 3:00 and 3:30 hrs, we depart from Arequipa to Cabanaconde in the Colca Canyon, which is about a 6 hour drive. On the way we stop for breakfast in Chivay and later continue to Condor's cross which is the best place to watch the Canyon and the famous Andean Condor birds. From there, we continue another 20 minutes by bus to start our trek downhill. We trek downhill for approximately 3 hours from 3300 masl to 2100 masl into the Canyon.
Upon arrival, we have lunch and some time to rest in San Juan de Chuccho, a village with vegetation and some fruit trees. From there, we continue to the small towns of Cosñirhua and Malata, then it's time to start hiking even further into the Canyon, this time into the deepest part of the trek to reach “Sangalle”, a village at an altitude of approximately 1900 masl. There you can enjoy the warm swimming pool to relax after a long day hiking. We arrive to Sangalle at approximately 17:00 hrs. At night, we have dinner and sleepover in Cielo azul Lodge.
Accommodation included: We sleep in Cielo Azul lodge. It has a swimming pool and a bar. The rooms are basic but the beds are very comfortable.
Day 2: Sangalle - Cabanaconde - Hot Springs - Chivay - Puno
Stop At: Hot Springs Chacapi, Away From the Main Square Of Yanque 2 km, Yanque 04140 Peru
After the breakfast in Cabanaconde we go to the hot springs, which are located close to Chivay. The entrace costs 15 soles and it's not included in the price. In the Hot Springs you will find different pools with water temperature from 30ºC up to 60°C. Coming into the Hot Springs is optional but it's definetly a nice experience.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Salinas y Aguada Blanca National Reserve, Avenida Arequipa, Arequipa 04001 Peru
In the way back to Arequipa we stop into the reserve in a place called Pampa Cañahuas to see Volcanos but also camelids as Alpacas, Llamas and Vicuñas. The stop is only 10 - minutes but you will see volcanos and camelids during more than 1 hour.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Colca Canyon, Peru
At 05:00 hrs, we start trekking uphill for approximately 3 hours to the town of Cabanaconde with the help of torch lights. This part of the trek can provide spectacular views as we trek during the sunrise. We have breakfast in Cabanaconde, from there we head to Chivay. On the way, we have a great view of pre-Inca terraces, some archaeological ruins and colonial towns amongst other views. Around noon, we arrive in Chivay at the hot springs (optional). In Chivay, we enjoy a typical local lunch if you want.
In the afternoon, we have transfer to Puno. On the way to Puno, we descend from 4830 masl to 2325 masl and pass through the national reserve of Pampa Cañahuas, which is a habitat for the four species of South American camelids (llama, alpaca, vicuña and guanaco). At 18:30 hrs, we arrive in Puno and drop you off at your hotel / hostel if it's located in the center of the city.
Accommodation included: No accommodation provided
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up participants between 3:00 - 3:30 am. You must be ready for the pick up in the reception of your hotel / hostel from 3:00 am. If the name of your hotel / hostel is not in the list, please send us the name after you book the tour.
Departure Time :3:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Service animals allowed
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.