2-Day Tour to Machu Picchu from Cusco, Peru
Our 2 day train tour to Machu Picchu takes you on one of the most incredible train journeys in the world. Following the route of the Urubamba River all the way to the cloud forest that surrounds Machu Picchu you enjoy the beautiful scenery of the high Andes throughout the course of the journey. On arrival to Aguas Calientes you check in to your comfortable hotel for the night and get a good night's sleep so you can be up at the crack of dawn to visit Machu Picchu the following day.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Hotel pick up in Cuzco
- Tourist bus transportation Cuzco - Ollantaytambo (inbound)
- English speaking tour guide in Machu Picchu
- 1-night 3-star hotel private bath in Machu Picchu town
- Tourist bus transportation Ollantaytambo - Cuzco (outbound)
- Admission tickets to Machu Picchu Citadel
- Tourist train tickets Ollantantaytambo - Machu Picchu downtown (inbound)
- Tourist train tickets Machu Picchu downtown - Ollantaytambo (outbound)
- Entry/Admission - Machu Picchu
What's excluded :
- Meals during the trip
- International, internal or domestic flights
- Entrance hot spring s $5 per person bring with you swimming suit.
- VISTADOME TRAIN Additional $.100
- Deluxe hotels 4,5 star
Day 1: Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
Stop At: Machu Picchu, 08680, Peru
We will pick up from your hotel in Cuzco downtown in morning and catch a bus to Ollantaytambo. Here you will board the train at around 12:36pm, or 12:55pm, for a 1.5-hour train ride to Machu Picchu town. The train will go through lush fields and colorful villages in the foothills of the Andes and has great views of the mountains and of the beautiful Urubamba River which runs through the Sacred Valley. Upon you arrrival at town of Machu picchu in mid-afternoon, staff from the hotel will be waiting for you at the train station to lead you to the hotel. Free afternoon to visit the Hot springs bring with you swimming suit, visit Machu Picchu Museum. You can have lunch at the restaurant of your choice in the town of Machu Picchu (own expense). Our Guide will come to your hotel at 7:30 pm to brief you about the next day’s tour in Machu Picchu Citadel.
Duration: 4 hours
Pass By: Centro Textil Acllas, Calle Miraflores 3 Centro Histórico, Chinchero 08471 Peru
Chinchero is a Quechua village located on the way to the train station, if you are planning to buy some survenir we can suggest to purchase here, quality alpaca wool. Just let us know if you have this plan to stop on the way.
Pass By: Hot Springs (Aguas Calientes), Signposted from main square, Aguas Calientes, Machu Picchu Peru
Very known as Aguas Calientes town or Machu Picchu Pueblo, this tour give you chance to go to the thermal springs 10 minutes walking from the center, take with you your bathing suit, the cost of entrance only 10 soles.
Pass By: Museo de Sitio Manuel Chavez Ballon, Km. 112 railroad Puente Ruinas By Puente Ruinas at the base of the footpath to the Machu Picchu Citadel, Aguas Calientes, Machu Picchu Peru
At your free time in Aguas Calientes town, you will able to explore the local museum of Machu Picchu discovered by Hiram Bingham and other Peruvian arquelogies, from the downtown just 25m walking from the downtown.
Pass By: Putucusi Mountain, Aguas Calientes, Machu Picchu Peru
Putucusi Mountain is considered as a holy mountain next to Machu Picchu, you will have chance to explore at your free time for some couple hours if you have energy.
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: Overnight at Seven Mapi Hotel (3-star)
Day 2: Explore Machupicchu - Cusco
Stop At: Machu Picchu, 08680, Peru
Today is the most important day, as you will be visiting Machu Picchu. Because it’s so special, encourage yourself to wake up early in the morning to enjoy breakfast at the hotel and then get to the bus station to try to catch one of the first buses, which begin at 5:30 am. The bus will take about 30 minutes to get to Machu Picchu. As soon as you arrive at the complex, you will be taken to the best spot to overlook all the ruins and get a panoramic view of the landscape. There will be a rendezvous to observe spectacular view of the Lost City of the Incas. You will then have a 1.5-hour guided tour around Machu Picchu. Afterward to explore on your own and take last minutes pictures. If you want to do extra hiking inside Machu Picchu, we can suggest to purchase other one ticket to climb the amazing mountain of (Huayna Picchu) or (Machu Picchu Montaña) your guide will direct you to where this hike begins. Once you are done with exploring all, what Machu Picchu has to offer, you will take a bus down to Machu Picchu town for lunch(own expenses). Late afternoon you will catch the train at 7:00pm. back to Ollantaytambo and from there by bus to Cusco City ending at San Francisco Plaza downtown.
Duration: 4 hours
• Breakfast: Breakfast included at the hotel starts 6:00am
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
If you book different hotel let us know, we suggest to book hotels located at the historical centre, for easy pickups.
Departure Time :9:40 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Infant seats available
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Our company is taking biosecurity protocols to avoid the spread of COVID-19. Bring yourself! - Take with you a quick test discard of covid19.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.