2-Day Tour of Medieval Transylvania
The 2-Day Tour of Medieval Transylvania will take you on a journey through Romania’s most famous fortresses, landmarks and medieval cities.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Start the tour by visiting the town and mountain resort of Sinaia, home to the Peles Castle, one of the best-preserved royal palaces in Europe. Explore Bran Village and Bran Castle (Dracula’s Castle), whose striking hilltop appearance is the foundation to many myths and legends in Romania. Bran Castle was restored under the supervision of architect Karel Liman, who converted it into a beautiful summer residence.
Discover the charming medieval town of Brasov, whose walls, towers and buildings still look as they did back in the 13th century. Spend the night in the heart of the charming medieval city of Sighisoara.
The next day of the tour you will have the unique opportunity to explore the Old Town of Sighisoara. Visit the Clock Tower, theChurch on the Hill and Dracula`s house where Vlad Tepes was born in 1431. Next stop is a visit to the Biertan Village - an UNESCO Heritage site and one of the first German settlements in Transylvania. The fortified church of Biertan, was built by the German peasants in Transylvania and was used for nearly 300 years as the residence of the Transylvanian Archbishop.
Continue the Tour of Medieval Transylvania by heading to Sibiu, one of the most important fortified towns in Transylvania. Visit the Old Town and it's Big Square, Small Square, the Ursuline Church, the Franciscan Church, the Staircase Tower, the Tanners Tower, the Liar’s Bridge , the House of the Butcher’s Guild and last but not least the amazing Brukenthal National Museum.
Conclude the tour by crossing the breathtaking Olt River Valley as you make your way back to Bucharest.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.