2-Day Rockies Roadrunner Tour from Vancouver finish Banff
Short on time but want to get your Canada in? Then take our one-way trip from Vancouver to Banff, for a quick tour into the Rocky Mountains. The 2 day Roadrunner tour takes you through the Coast Mountains, into the Okanagan Desert and along Okanagan Lake where we’ll try Indigenous cuisine! As we continue eastward you’ll experience the stunning and diverse landscapes of beautiful British Columbia, before we cross into Alberta and finish right in the heart of the Canadian Rockies – Banff!
Note: the Roadrunner is the first 2 days of the 8 day Caribou tour. Some of your fellow travellers will have already travelled together before you join them, and some will be continuing on towards Jasper after you finish.
Moose tours are designed for 18 to 39 year olds, but we welcome all adventurous travellers that are 18+.
per adult from
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Services of a professional & fun tour guide/driver
- Moose bus transportation
- Paddleboarding on Skaha Lake
- National Park fees
- 1 night of accommodation in mixed gender, hostel dorm-style rooms
What's excluded :
- Meals except as listed under Inclusions
- Optional activities
Day 1: Vancouver - Kelowna
Stop At: Bridal Veil Falls Provincial Park, Bridal Veil Falls Provincial Park, British Columbia
At our first stop, we’ll take a short walk in a west coast rainforest to check out Bridal Veil Falls.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Hope, Hope, British Columbia
We'll stop to pickup lunch supplies in the self-proclaimed "Chainsaw Carving Capital of Canada", the town of Hope, BC.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Sudbury Beach, Skaha Lake Road, Penticton, British Columbia V2A 6G8 Canada
After crossing through the Coastal Mountains, we arrive in the semi-arid grasslands of the Okanagan where we’ll go for a paddleboard on Skaha Lake in Penticton.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kelowna, Kelowna, Okanagan Valley, British Columbia
Then it’s onto Kelowna on Lake Okanagan, our destination for the night.
Duration: 5 hours
Accommodation included: Samesun Kelowna - mixed gender, dormitory-style rooms
Day 2: Kelowna - Banff
Stop At: Last Spike, Trans-Canadian Highway 1, Craigellachie, British Columbia V0E 2J0 Canada
See this historic site where the last railroad spike on the Canadian Pacific Railway was driven in November 1885, connecting Canada from West to East.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Revelstoke, Revelstoke, Kootenay Rockies, British Columbia
In Revelstoke, you'll have the option to go kayaking on a lake, in beautiful, hand crafted wooden kayaks, surrounded by beautiful mountain scenery!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Banff, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta
Continuing onwards, we’ll finally enter the Rocky Mountains and cross over the Kicking Horse Pass into Alberta and Banff National Park. Tonight, our tour finishes in the historic town of Banff, in the heart of the mountains.
Duration: 1 hour
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :1: Samesun Vancouver, 1018 Granville St, Vancouver, BC V6Z 1L5, Canada
2: HI Vancouver Jericho Beach, 1515 Discovery St, Vancouver, BC V6R 4K5, Canada
3: HI Vancouver Downtown Hostel, 1114 Burnaby St, Vancouver, BC V6E 1P1, Canada
4: Cambie Seymour Hostel, 515 Seymour St, Vancouver, BC V6B 3H6, Canada
5: HI Vancouver Central, 1025 Granville St, Vancouver, BC V6Z 1L4, Canada
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :1: Samesun Banff, 433 Banff Ave, Banff, AB T1L 1B4, Canada
2: HI Banff Alpine Centre, 801 Hidden Ridge Way, Banff, AB T1L 1B3, Canada
3: YWCA Banff Hotel, 102 Spray Ave, Banff, AB T1L 1A6, Canada
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Luggage Restrictions: Each passenger is restricted to one reasonably sized main backpack, bag, or suitcase to be stored in the bus luggage compartment, with a maximum allowable weight of 23kg (50lbs) and maximum linear dimensions (Height + Width + Depth) of 158cm (62in). In addition, each passenger may bring one small daypack that will be carried in the passenger compartment of the bus. Moose reserves the right to refuse to accept luggage that exceeds our weight and/or size restrictions. Moose will not cover any storage costs incurred by the client as a result. If Moose chooses to accept overweight or oversize luggage, we will charge a fee of $50 per bag for overweight/oversize pieces. Note that the decision to accept an overweight/oversize piece can only be made at departure.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.