2-Day Private Western Cape Wildlife Safari Tour from Cape Town
Go wild in the Western Cape on an overnight private safari trip from Cape Town! Travel off the beaten track to interact with wildlife and immerse yourself in the African bush. Head to the Garden Route for a guided safari and a tranquil bush walk with an expert game-ranger at your side. Head out on a second safari drive in the Klein Karoo to continue searching for Africa’s famous ‘Big Five’ with the help of a knowledgeable guide and ranger. With two guided 4x4 game drives in two prestigious private game reserves, a guided bush walking safari as well as a chance to walk alongside orphaned elephants in their natural habitat; there's plenty op options to get close to nature. Overnight in Oudtshoorn - the ostrich capital of the world to try local delicacies for a taste of authentic South African culture. A German, Italian, French or Portuguese tour guide can be arranged (at additional cost) to lead this private tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Overnight accommodation
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local English-speaking professional tour guide
- 4x4 Botlierskop Safari (±2,5 hour)
- 4x4 Buffelsdrift Bush Safari (±1,5 hour)
- Bush Walking Safari (±30 min)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Botlierskop Private Game Reserve
- Entry/Admission - Buffelsdrift Game Lodge - Activities
What's excluded :
- Food Lunch and drinks, unless specified
- Traditional dinner ( price on request)
- Elephant Bush Walk experience ( approximately R405 per person)
- Entry/Admission - Buffelsdrift Game Lodge - Activities
Day 1: Cape Town - Oudtshoorn
Stop At: Botlierskop Private Game Reserve, Gonnakraal Road, Little Brak River, 6503, South Africa
A safari-filled 2-day tour gives you unforgettable opportunities to experience some of Africa’s most impressive wildlife and rescued elephants in their natural habitat.
This overnight safari trip includes round-trip transportation via deluxe minivan, overnight lodging in either 3- or 4-star guesthouse, a visit to Botlierskop Private Game Reserve for a guided 4x4 safari and a tranquil bush walking safari with an expert game-ranger at your side. Learn more about the diversity of the African bush and wildlife as your knowledgeable ranger shares nature’s secrets and teaches you about the region’s fauna and flora. Your next wildlife encounter takes you to Buffelsdrift Game Lodge for another open-topped 4x4 safari to search for more of the Big Five.
End off your experience with a drive through the rugged Karoo plains of South Africa’s famed Route 62.
Begin your two-day adventure in the Western Cape with a drive from Cape Town in a luxury minibus. Your journey today will begin as you leave the silhouette of Table Mountain behind and trade it for the lush green scenery of the Garden Route. You’ll soon understand where this forested paradise area gets its name from, and why it is one of the most loved areas in the country.
On your first stop of the day, spot some of Africa’s wild animals from the back of an open 4x4 vehicle in Botlierskop, a malaria-free private game reserve near Mosselbay. Search for giraffe, white rhino, kudu, lion, elephant, zebra and wildebeest, to name a few. This scenic drive takes roughly 1 to 2 hours, during which there will be numerous stops to stretch, snap photos and get something to eat.
Just when you thought your bush experience couldn’t get any better, you’ll hop off your safari vehicle for an up-close and personal encounter with nature on a 30-minute tranquil bush walking safari, following your field game ranger as you track wildlife through the coastal renosterveldt and Cape fynbos.
Duration: 3 hours
Pass By: Oudtshoorn, 6625, South Africa
The scenery during the next 50 miles changes dramatically from green to dusty dull greys as you reach the relatively arid region of the Klein Karoo and the ostrich capital of the world, Oudtshoorn.
Then enjoy an evening of free time in Oudtshoorn, where you can relax at your accommodation, book an optional traditional ‘braai’ (barbeque) dinner (own expense) or explore the town’s dining and nightlife options.
Accommodation included: Overnight at 4-Star Buffelsdrift Game Reserve or similar or 3-Star Yamkela Guest House or similar.
Day 2: Oudtshoorn - Cape Town
Stop At: Buffelsdrift Game Lodge - Activities, Cango Caves Road, Oudtshoorn 6620 South Africa
After breakfast, jump straight into the thick of the Klein Karoo bush this morning as you set out on an open topped 2-hour 4x4 safari drive to seek out more of Africa’s Big Five –rhinos, Cape buffaloes and African elephants at Buffelsdrift Private Game Reserve. Your expert guide and ranger will help spot wildlife, and in addition to some of the ‘Big Five’ you may see zebras, wildebeests, giraffes - just to name a few. This bush safari focuses more on nature as the reserve is not home to a large quantity of big game.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Buffelsdrift Game Lodge - Activities, Cango Caves Road, Oudtshoorn 6620 South Africa
Those seeking a meaningful nature experience can join rangers on an optional Elephant Bush Walk to have the opportunity to walk alongside three rescued elephants in their natural environment (own expense). Learn about these gentle giants, under the watchful eye of the elephant guides you’ll stroll with these impressive creatures – easily the largest land mammals on earth.
End off a seemingly perfect day with a drive along Route 62, the longest wine route in the world!
Capture the beauty of high mountains, twisting passes, rugged Karoo plains during this 3 to 4 hour journey before arriving in Cape Town by late evening.
- The exact itinerary is subject to change and may, on occasion, run in a different order.
Pass By: Africa Select Journeys, 13a Gardner Williams Ave Paardevlei, Cape Town Central 7710 South Africa
- This private tour will run exclusively run for you. The itinerary is flexible and can be tailored to spend more time at the tour’s highlights that interest you the most or swop for alternative options. This is a private tour running exclusively for you or your group.
- Do contact us during of after the booking process to let us know if you would prefer any changes to the tour and we can suggest an updated itinerary and cost estimate if there are any additional charges.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick up from any guesthouse, backpackers or street address within 10km radius of Cape Town or Stellenbosch central. If your hotel is not listed, simply select "my hotel is not listed" on the drop-down menu and inform your address.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Feel free to contact the supplier’s dedicated travel consultant to ensure your tour’s itinerary fits the requirements of your group.
- This private tour will run exclusively run for you. The itinerary is flexible and can be tailored to spend more time at the tour’s highlights that interest you the most or swop for alternative options. Do contact us after booking the tour to let us know if you would prefer any changes of the tour and we can suggest an updated itinerary and cost estimate if the changes need to be charged extra.
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult
- According to availability at time of booking, accommodation will be in the mentioned hotel or in one of a similar standard and star rating
- The exact itinerary is subject to change and may, on occasion, run in reverse order
- The exact arrival time in Cape Town after the tour cannot be guaranteed as it is subject to weather and traffic conditions
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Per Person rates are calculated on 2 people per room sharing. If a single or uneven number of people book, the package rate will add a single supplement fee for the extra person that will overnight in a separate private ensuite room.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- This tour will adhere to the TOURISM INDUSTRY STANDARD COVID-19 SAFE PROTOCOLS during the time of the pandemic as prescribed by TBCSA aligned with the latest World Health Organisation (WHO) guidelines. The protocols will be updated on an on-going basis in line with pandemic status in South Africa.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.