2-Day Private Tour to The Taj Mahal and Agra from Delhi by Train
Join this overnight tour to Agra from Delhi by train, complete with sightseeing excursions. See the incredible Taj Mahal as well as the imposing Agra Fort while on this tour. Accompanied by a private guide, you will be provided breakfast as well as lunch.
per adult from
What's included :
- 2x Breakfast
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- 1-Night hotel accommodation on twin sharing basis with breakfast
- Return Train Tickets AC Chair Car (Delhi - Agra)
- Professional private tour guide
- Monument entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - India Gate
- Entry/Admission - Tdi Mall
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (recommended)
Day 1: Delhi to Agra by Super-fast Deluxe Train (B,L)
Pass By: India Gate, Rajpath Near Connaught Place New Delhi, New Delhi 110001 India
At 5am, you will be picked up from your Delhi hotel or the Indira Ghandi International Airport. From there, transfer to the Delhi Railway Station where you will board your deluxe train to the city of Agra. Breakfast will be served on board over the course of your 2-hour journey.
Arrive at the Agra Cantt Railway Station around 8am and meet your driver at the main exit gate. They will be easily identifiable as they will be holding a sign with the lead traveler's name printed. Board the awaiting vehicle and check into your hotel.
Should Day 1 fall on a day other than Friday, you will make a trip, at 11am, visit for world famous Taj Mahal, A UNESCO World Heritage site. (Taj Mahal closed on Fridays).
Break for lunch at 1pm at a local air conditioned restaurant.
In the evening, you have two options you can choose from.
Enjoy a photo tour of Taj Mahal from Mehtab Bagh - The Moonlight Garden, believed to have been designed by Shah Jahan to view the Taj on moonlight nights, far away from the maddening crowd. The garden complex is situated on the left bank of Yamuna opposite to Taj Mahal. It is a huge square measuring approximately 984 x 984 ft (300 x 300 m) and in straight alignment with the Taj Mahal. The forestry plantations and agricultural fields provide a green forecourt to Taj Mahal and its reflection in Yamuna.
Return to the hotel in the late evening.
Accommodation included: Overnight in Agra: Four Point by Sheraton or Similar
Day 2: Agra City Tour and evening Train to Delhi (B,L)
Pass By: Tdi Mall, Taj Mahal Road, Agra 282001 India
At 6am, you'll be picked up from your hotel in Agra and visit Sunrise for world famous Taj Mahal, A UNESCO World Heritage site. (Taj Mahal closed on Fridays).
In the late morning, visit the imposing UNESCO World Heritage site - Agra Fort, Built by Emperor Akbar in 1565 A.D, and this huge fort is made of red sandstone. The elegant buildings inside reflect an interesting synthesis of Hindu and Central Asian architectural styles. The maze of the courtyards, mosques and private chambers of the fort echo the story of the Mughal Empire.
Break for lunch at one of the area’s best local air-conditioned restaurants.
After lunch, begin the 1-hour drive to Fatehpur Sikri, also a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Described as 'the world’s most perfectly preserved ghost town, it was built by Akbar in the late 16th century,and abandoned after only 14 years. The elegant buildings of this superb walled city remain intact to this day.
In the early evening, take some time to to enjoy shopping in Agra, which is known for its fabulous handcrafts made of marble and soft stone inlay work. The Mughals were great patrons of arts and crafts. Empress Nur Jahan took a personal interest and was an accomplished artist herself in zari embroidery work. Agra's major handicraft products besides inlay work are leather ware, brass ware, carpets, jewelry, and embroidery work.
At the end of this tour at 4:30pm you will be transferred back to Agra railway station to catch your train back to Delhi, which departs at 5:40pm.
At 7:30pm upon arrival to Nizamuddin railway station Delhi, you will be greeted by your driver, who then will transfer you back to your hotel/airport in Delhi.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :New Delhi, Delhi, India
Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup from Hotel / Airport / Railway Station or any other desired pickup location in Delhi, Noida, or GurugramAirports
- Indira Gandhi Intl Airport, New Delhi, New Delhi 110037 India
Departure Time :5:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- All Travelers date of birth, gender, Passport number and Nationality are required at time of bookingr
- Dress code is smart casual
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not recommended for participants with back problems, heart complaints or serious medical conditions
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.