2-Day Private Tour to Mantasoa from Antananarivo
Take it easy on this overnight tour of Mantasoa, an artificial lake and historical site of the Madagascar Industrial Revolution. Built in 1931, the lake is one of the best places for fishing, sailing, picnicking, and weekend retreats. Explore the beauty of this serene getaway, ride horses, quad race, take a swim, or just lay back and play aboard game at the lodge. This tour includes meals and round trip travel.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Overnight accommodation
- Half-board room at the hotel
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Maison de Jean Laborde
What's excluded :
- Personal Expenses
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Maison de Jean Laborde, Antananarivo Madagascar
Visit the famous Jean Laborde House founded in the 19th century. This place will immerse you in the royal history of Madagascar.
It is in this popular resort of the capital that the first industrial city in the Indian Ocean was built. It included a cannon, cast iron and iron foundry, a glassware, a earthenware factory, a stationery, a candy factory and a soap factory. This infrastructure made Mantasoa a prosperous place during the royal era. They are part of the works of the famous Jean Laborde, French industrialist and architect in the 19th Century, who built the Palace of the Queen in Antananarivo. Today, the remains of the blast furnace, the cementing furnace, the ruins of pottery kilns, the lime kiln and the foundry workshop bear witness to Mantasoa's flourishing past.
Jean Laborde's house was built at the same time as the industrial complex. Then there is the tomb that he built himself and called "Soamandrakizay" meaning eternal happiness.
Duration: 10 hours
Stop At: Mantasoa, Mantasoa, Antananarivo Province
Enjoy horse riding on the terrain or spend some time in the lake. Mantasoa Lake and its surroundings offer many opportunities for recreation(NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE), sport, and relaxation. Wake boarding, boating, quad biking on the tracks around the lake, kayaking or tubing are just some of the activities offered. Fishing fans can grab a reel and cast out from a rowboat.
Take a quick boat ride out to the cottages, not included in the fee, to check out the various games and sporting goods such as board games, petanque, and badminton.
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Antananarivo, Antananarivo, Antananarivo Province
Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick up our client at their hotel or their location
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- A minimum of 3 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.