2 Day Private Tour to Amazing Delphi & Meteora
A religious and historical experience in the comfort of your own transportation, enjoying picturesque, unique places at your own pace!
per adult from
What's included :
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- English speaking tour driver, best-mannered, fully aware of the Greek history & culture
- Overnight in a 3* hotel - upgrade upon request and extra cost
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees
- Local licensed tour guides, only upon request and extra charge
- Entry/Admission - Delphi
- Entry/Admission - The Great Meteoron Holy Monastery of the Transfiguration of the Saviour
- Entry/Admission - Battlefield of Thermopylae
Day 1: Athens, Livadeia, Arachova, Delphi , Lamia, Trikala, Karditsa, Meteora
Stop At: Arachova, Arachova, Boeotia Region, Central Greece
Your private 2 days tour will start from your hotel or your cruise ship,passing by some scenic countryside places.You will pass by Livadeia and Thebes, both great ancient cities.Our first stop is the pictursque village of Arachova , which is the most cosmopolitan winter destination in Greece, for its ski center.A breathtaking mountainous landscape with a fantastic village full of modern tourism facilities.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Delphi Greece
Then let's drive to Delphi the next stop, where you'll visit both the archaelogical site with the ancient theatre, and museum. Delphi is the first touristic attraction of the antiquity, as it was busy all the year round. It was the place God Apollo had his sanctuary,that the prophesis were given to every man, every prince, general and king by Pythia the High Priestess.It was the center of the universe, according to Zeus, king of the Gods.
You will visit the Oracle of Apollo, the Omfalos, the temple of Athena Pronaia, Kastaleia Spring and see some magnificent artifacts and statues, such as Eniochos the charioteer, the twin Brothers and Sphynx of Naxos.
When you feel hungry get ready to taste the famous Greek cuisine and have a memorable lunch.the tour will guide you to a traditional restaurant or tavern.It's up to you to choose from a variety of flavors of the most known Greek dishes . We will lunch there with a great view of mountain Parnassus and Itea.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Meteora, Kastraki, Kalambaka 422 00 Greece
Later on, we 'll drive to Meteora. Free Leisure time and overnight on Kalambaka or Kastraki.
Duration: 10 hours
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: 3* hotel-upgrade upon request and extra charge
Day 2: Meteora, Thermopylae, Return to Athens
Stop At: The Great Meteoron Holy Monastery of the Transfiguration of the Saviour, Kalabaka 422 00, Greece
After your breakfast you will visit the monasteries of Meteora. They come second in relegious importance and size after mount Athos in orthodox christianity.
Meteora means "middle of the sky", "suspended in the air" or "in the heavens above" and the monasteries are built on high pillars at the northwestern edge of the Plain of Thessaly near the Pineios river and Pindus Mountains, in central Greece after the 11th century and on and they were never abondoned as there live monks and nuns up today. The monasteries are: St. Nicolas, Grande Meteoro, Varlaam, Rousannou, Holy Trinity and St. Stephen.
There you will visit up to 3 monasteries, depends on the day and you,admire the wonderful, panoramic view and when you feel hungry get ready to taste the famous Greek cuisine and have a memorable lunch.the tour will guide you to a traditional tavern at Kalambaka or Kastraki..It's up to you to choose from a variety of flavors of the most known Greek dishes
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Battlefield of Thermopylae, Thermopylae Greece
Our next stop is the battlefield of Thermopylae or Hotgates and the Hot Springs, where King Leonidas and the 300 brave Spartans gave their lives for the freedom of Greece. Honor and Glory was their moto. They achived both, as their memory lasts for ever.
After that religious and historical experience, it is time to return back to Athens.
Duration: 30 minutes
No meals included on this day.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up / drop off at Athens hotelsPick up / drop off at Athens suburbs hotels under extra chargePick up / drop off at Athens airportPick up / drop off at Piraeus or Rafina portsPick up / drop off at designated places
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.