2-Day Private Tour: Olympia, Arcadia Mountain Villages & Monasteries from Athens
Enjoy this, summer or winter, PRIVATE trip for 2-7 related people & experience the birthplace of the Olympic Games but also authentic non-touristy Greece of the mountain villages. This is a unique two full day tour to the mountain villages, gorge/river and monasteries of the central Peloponnese and to the most celebrated sanctuary of ancient Greece; Olympia.
On Day1 explore the beautiful villages of Dimitsana & Stemnitsa. Visit a couple of cliff hanging monasteries, taste local food, visit the Water-Powered Museum. Enjoy real lunch with the locals. Wander around one of the stone built villages and spend your night in a beautiful traditional guest house.
More than 8 people? please contact us through Viator!
Day2 starts with breakfast in the mountains. Then, a 45 minutes drive to ancient Olympia the “Valley of Gods” and the birthplace of the most important athletic event of all times, the Olympic Games. You will have a chance to run down the original Olympic track and visit the museum.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 2 nights
- Private tour for 2-7 related only people (families, couples, friends)
- Brand new 2018-20 vehicles: For 2-3 people (5door vehicle) or 3-8 related people (luxurious minivan)
- Always a highlight of this private tour is the authentic lunch on both days and is a treat from your guide in non touristy locations with local people. Also included for day-2 of the 2 day tour option
- For the 2 day tour: Accommodation (BB) in first class traditional stone built guesthouses, based on double or triple occupancy depending on your group/family. Contact the tour operator if the offered room combinations do not fit for your group
- Non smoking vehicle and driver/guide
- In car information booklet, snacks and bottled water
- Each person is allowed one normal size suitcase and one small carry on bag
- Optional: Vegetarian lunch can be arranged in most cases. Please let us know in advance.
What's excluded :
- Pickup and drop-off in areas outside of Athens or Nafplio
- Excess luggage not allowed
- Entrance fees to the sites (Olympia €12 and €6 during off season - Water power museum €3)
- Dinner on day one in our base at one of the mountain villages (but your guide will let you know the best places to eat out)
- Professional guide (optional)
- Shopping & touristy stops unless required by your group
- Gratuites (optional)
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Site of Olympia
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Museum of Olympia
- Entry/Admission - Υπαίθριο Μουσείο Υδροκίνησης
Day 1: Olympia
Stop At: Archaeological Site of Olympia, Archaia Olympia 270 65, Greece
The home of the Olympic Games
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Archaeological Museum of Olympia, Archaia Olympia, Olympia 27 065 Greece
You will also visit the world-famous Olympia museum and get the chance to see some unbelievable sculptures such as the sculpted decoration of the marble temple of Zeus, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, and the famous Hermes carved by the ancient Greek sculptor Praxiteles.
Duration: 1 hour
Accommodation included: Overnight at one of the mountain villages in a great stone built top quality guesthouse
Day 2: Mountain Villages & Monasteries
Stop At: Υπαίθριο Μουσείο Υδροκίνησης, Κεφαλάρι Αϊ-Γιάννη, Dimitsana 220 07, Greece
We shall be visiting the Water-Power Museum containing a reconstructed watermill, tannery and gunpowder mill showing how the basic pre-industrial techniques used water as the main energy source for the production of various products.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Moni Agiou Ioanni Prodromou, Stemnitsa Greece
An amazing cliff hanging monastery that we visit after a 20 minute hike through the forest.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Stemnitsa, Stemnitsa, Arkadia Region, Peloponnese
An amazing mountain village for an amazing lunch. The jewelers' village! Beautiful, authentic, stonebuilt!
Duration: 1 hour
Accommodation included: We will be returning to Athens with drop off at the accommodation you've arranged and provided us with its location.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Any Athens hotel or Airbnb, the Athens airport, Piraeus and Nafplio port or Hydra island. Possible extra cost for some locations.Airports
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 and a maximum of 7 related only people per booking - Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Oversized or excessive luggage is strictly not allowed for this 2-day tour
- Ideal tour for both summer and winter with great mountainous scenery and local life
- COVID-19 issues: All our tours have always been private and social distancing is easy and not new to us. Μaximum number of passengers per car/minivan is revised by the local authorities according to the epidemiological situation but being family or friends is the key to safety. Regular temperature (and oxygen) check for staff & visitors is available. Staff is required to regularly wash hands. We regularly sanitize high-traffic areas. Individual toiletries and/or hand sanitizer is available to guests & staff and required to use at every stop & departure during each day. We care about health! We expect YOU to be healthy before traveling and go back home even healthier!
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- OUR PERSONAL view: We implemenet all the protocols of the local authorities such as masks, sanitizing, social distancing, but most of all common logic and flexibility to adjust to each situation. We also do temperature & oxygen checks if needed. Most of all, we are in favor of "adjustive social distancing" and exploring safely in the open that will provide more freedom and safety. We can still be social while maintaining our personal space/distance and following the local rules. Please decide on your holiday with your own criteria considering your health, tolerance to risk but don't go for a holiday that is not going to be worry-free!
- PROTOCOLS in place while COVID-19 effects the world: All our tours have always been private and social distancing is easy and not new to us. Μaximum number of passengers per car/minivan is revised by the local authorities according to the epidemiological situation but being family or friends is the key to safety. Regular temperature check for staff & visitors is available. Staff required to regularly wash hands. Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas. Individual toiletries and/or hand sanitizer is available to guests & staff and required to use at every stop & departure during each day. We care about health! We expect YOU to be healthy before traveling!
- OUR GUIDES ARE LIKE FAMILY TO US: They care about our safety A LOT! Our tours are PRIVATE and already what you would call safe! We are in the open, exploring with spotless cars, sites with natural “social distancing,” non-touristy hotels & tavernas, local people & communities with “zero” cases!
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Please carry your own masks with you, and be prepared to use them when required or when you feel that will provide you with extra safety.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.