2-Day Private Lake Titicaca and Sun Island Tour from La Paz
Titicaca is the highest navigable lake in the world, located at 3856 meters above sea level. Its shores and small islands are home to the Aymara and Quechua who come from ancient cultures that lived in this area long before the Incas dominate. Here visitors can explore traditional villages where Spanish is the second language and where ancient myths and beliefs persist even today. One of the peculiarities of Lake Titicaca are the small floating islands inhabited by a tribe called the Uros. In these small islands visitors are welcomed and can even ride in one of the famous reed boats.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Professional English Guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Private boat transfer in Copacabana
- One night accommodation in private hotel
- Food and drinks (2 Breakfast, 2 Lunch, 1 Dinner)
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Basilica of Our Lady of Copacabana
- Entry/Admission - Lake Titicaca
- Entry/Admission - Isla del Sol
Day 1: LA PAZ - COPACABANA
Pass By: Plaza Murillo, La Paz Bolivia
1ST DAY: At 7:30am we'll pick you up at your La Paz hotel and begin our 2-day Lake Titicaca tour, heading out with your private guide and driver.
Stop At: Basilica of Our Lady of Copacabana, Copacabana Bolivia
First we'll head to the community of Copacabana (3 hour drive). Here you'll learn from your professional guide about the local Andean culture of the Quechua and Aymara people.
After enjoying a delicious, local lunch, we'll visit the Basilica of the Virgin where you can observe its peculiar domes and blue tiles. In the interior, we'll observe the Dark Virgin of the Lake, which is believed to have caused many miracles. According to local legend if it is removed from the cathedral, the lake will rise and the city could be flooded.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Lake Titicaca, Copacabana Bolivia
Visita Lake Titicaca
In the afternoon, after a short break in our 3 star Hotel, we can walk lightly through the streets of the city, observing handicrafts and local sales. If you're up to it we can take a short but difficult walk to Cerro Calvario, a traditional place that's important to many religious beliefs.
From here we can observe beautiful views of the sunset on the shores of Lake Titicaca.
Upon returning to our lodging, we can enjoy a private dinner.
Duration: 8 hours
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: Overnight ECOLODGE LA ESTANCIA or Similar
Day 2: Lago Titicaca - Isla del Sol - Isla de la Luna - La Paz
Pass By: Lake Titicaca, Copacabana Bolivia
2ND DAY: We'll get up early to enjoy breakfast at our hotel and enjoy a walk to watch the sunrise over Lake Titicaca. From there, your guide takes you to a private boat for an hour walk to Sun Island.
Stop At: Isla del Sol, Copacabana Bolivia
Visita Isla del Sol.
Sun Island is considered the birthplace of the Inca civilization. In Yumani, on the south side of the island, climb the stone steps built by the Incas that lead to the Fountain of Life. Stroll through the archaeological ruins of the Pilko Kaina Inca Temple and observe how the locals still use pre-Inca farming methods on steep agricultural terraces.
If you are up for it, walk a trail that crosses over the ridge to the north side of the island. Visit the native village of Challapampa and its museum with Inca artifacts.
Our tour continues with a visit to the Chincana labyrinth of stone. Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Copacabana, Copacabana, La Paz Department
After lunch, we'll embark on our private boat to return to the town of Copacabana, enjoying wonderful landscapes made by nature to our delight.
Here we'll depart by private transfer back to La Paz.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: La Paz Department, La Paz Department
After a 3-hour journey on the paved road, we arrive in the city of La Paz and the driver can drop you off at your preferred location.
Arrival in La Paz at approximately 8:00 p.m.
Duration: 3 hours
No meals included on this day.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
La Paz, Bolivia (All Hotels is included)Airports
- El Alto Airport, La Paz Bolivia
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.