2-Day Ol Pejeta Conservancy Guided Safari Tour from Nairobi
Olpejeta sits astride the Equator line at 0/o degrees. It is one of the most popular private reserves within the Mt. Kenya area, the park hosts a variety of game including the big 5.It is the only place in Kenya hosting a chimpanzee sanctuary under the Jane Godwall trust, there is also an impressive and elaborate white and black rhino sanctuary. It is important to note that olpejeta was the home of the last male northern white rhino. Accommodation at olpejeta is at the sweetwaters tented camp,olpejeta house and the pelican house.Game drives are relatively easy with a high probability of spotting all of the big five.
Mt.Kenya forms a beautiful backdrop on the horizon especially during early morning and evening.
Wildlife to be seen here includes;- Lions,Leopard,Cheetah,Hyena,Jackals, Zebra, Reticulated giraffe,Elephants, Buffalo,Rhinos, Hartebeest, etc.
A variety of birdlife is found within the conservancy forests,grasslands,bushes and marshes,a record 300 species of birds are listed .
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Park Entrance fees to the olpejeta conservancy
- Transport in a comfortable mini van
- Services of a dedicated English speaking guide
- All game drives within Olpejeta conservancy
- Full board accommodation at the sweetwaters camp for 1 night.
- Complimentary bottled water whilst on safari.
What's excluded :
- Lunch on the return day.
- All drinks and beverages
- Extra activities at the camp
- Items of personal nature
- Tips and gratuities
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ol Pejeta Conservancy, Nanyuki, Kenya
Day1.You are picked from your hotel or residence for a 4 hour journey towards Mt. kenya area. Passing through the central highlands,enjoy stunning views of rural Kenya and a landscape dotted with coffee and tea bushes.Cross several rivers originating from the Aberdares and Mt. Kenya, notably the Tana and sagana. Take a break at the Equator to witness a free coriolis effect experiment involving gravity and which the local folks use as a traditional method to determine the Equator line.
Arrive at the Serena sweetwaters tented camp in good time for lunch.
15.30 pm: Proceed on an afternoon game viewing drive where you have a great chance to spot the big 5 of Africa.Visit the only chimpanzee sanctuary on a guided tour then proceed on a game drive until sunset when we return to camp for dinner and overnight.
Day 2. 6.00 am :Early morning game drive in search of more animals, a good time to also visit the Rhino sanctuary,take great photos with the stunning Mount Kenya clearly seen in background.
10.00 am: Check out of the sweetwaters tented camp and embark on an enroute game drive to the exit.
We shall make a convenient lunch stop before heading back to Nairobi to arrive in the evening.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick guests from the Airport, from Hotels and residential addresses within Nairobi.Airports
- Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, Embakasi, Nairobi, Kenya
- Wilson Airport, Nairobi Kenya
Departure Time :5:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.