2-Day Mayan Ruins Tour of Tikal and Yaxha from Flores
Discover excavated Mayan ruins in UNESCO World Heritage-listed Tikal National Park (Parque Nacional Tikal) and Yaxha on this 2-day tour from Flores. An experienced guide will accompany you to significant archeological sites of northern Guatemala, where you’ll view eye-catching pyramids, ball courts and temples. Visit the Central Acropolis and more at Tikal on your first day, and spend your second day exploring Yaxha—a large classic Mayan ceremonial site overlooking the Yaxha and Sacnab lakes. Enjoy overnight accommodation at a 5-star hotel with breakfast, lunch and round-trip transport included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Professional English- and Spanish-speaking guide
- Guided tour of Tkal
- Guided tour of Yaxha
- Overnight accommodation
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Entry/Admission - Yaxha
What's excluded :
Day 1: Flores - Tikal Ruins
Stop At: Tikal National Park, Tikal National Park, Peten Department
Your guide will pick you up from your Flores hotel in the morning to begin your exciting 2-day journey. When you arrive at the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Tikal National Park, embark on a 4.5-hour tour with your knowledgeable guide.
One of Guatemala's most important archaeological sites, Tikal was built during the Classic Period. The park, which covers 341 square miles (550 square km), contains thousands of separate ruin structures. Your guide will show you the layout of the complex, including the Central Acropolis, which consists of a maze of courtyards, small rooms and temples.
Duration: 5 hours
• Lunch: Drinks not included.
Accommodation included: Overnight at Camino Real Tikal
Day 2: Yaxha Ruins - Flores
Stop At: Yaxha, National Park, Peten Guatemala
Enjoy breakfast at your hotel before departing for Yaxha around 8am. After an approximate 1-hour drive, you’ll arrive at the site. Once an important ceremonial center of the Mayan civilization, the pre-Columbian city features more than 500 ancient structures.
Listen as your guide explains the significance of Yaxha’s architecture, including pyramid temples, ball courts and elevated plazas. During your 4-hour guided tour, you’ll find the only twin pyramid complex outside of Tikal, known as the Stelae Plaza. Learn about the Mayan Empire that reached beyond the present-day border of Guatemala. Enjoy the scenic jungle landscape of this unique area overlooking the Yaxha and Sacnab lakes. You’ll have free time to explore before transport to a local restaurant to enjoy lunch. Transfer back to Flores with drop-off at your hotel around 3:30pm.
Duration: 4 hours
• Lunch: Drinks not included.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up time will be within 15 minutes of the established departure time in your confirmation.Airports
- Santa Elena Airport, Flores Guatemala
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.