2-Day Magdalena Bay Gray Whale Van Tour
During our 2-Day Van Tour guests will spend a total of 6 hours whale watching, providing them with the best chance for an up-close and personal encounter with the Gray Whales. Each tour will be led by a Marine Biologist guide, explaining in detail the biology and history of these gentle giants. The guide will also takes photos during the tour, which are provided to our guests free of charge.
Because of its location and ecosystem, Magdalena Bay is home to many other species, including dolphins, turtles, many sea and migratory birds. The lagoon is sheltered by the sandy barrier islands of Isla Magdalena and Isla Santa Margarita from the Pacific Ocean where coyotes can be spotted occasionally while whale watching in the bay. The mangrove swamps offer sea birds shelter and food, making it a perfect habitat for them.
If an intimate encounter with mother and baby Gray whales is on your bucket list, you will be sure to love this tour!
per adult from
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Snacks are included (Fruit, granola bars, sodas, water and coffee/tea)
- Entry/Admission - Magdalena Bay
What's excluded :
- Transportation to our office is not included
Day 1: Day 1 - Cabo to Magdalena Bay
Stop At: Magdalena Bay, Mexico
The tour departs at 6am from our office in the Cabo San Lucas Marina. From there we start the 6 hour drive up north to Magdalena Bay, during which we pass through Todos Santos, La Paz and Constitucion. Around 12:00 noon we arrive in the small fishing town of Lopez Mateos, check-in to the hotel and get ready for an afternoon of whale watching. Lunch will be enjoyed in a local restaurant, options include fish tacos, quesadillas and other Mexican dishes.
After lunch your guide and captain will take you out on a private panga to find the most receptive gray whales. You will spend a total of 3 hours out on the water, looking for the friendly giants, dolphins and different sea bird species. Your guide share with you information about Magdalena Bay and it’s history related to whaling and whale watching, the marine life species that can be found here and why these lagoons are of such importance to sustain whole ecosystems.
Once returned from the tour, you will have some time to relax, freshen up and spend some free time to explore the village of Lopez Mateos before heading out for a sea food dinner with the rest of the group.
Duration: 3 hours
• Breakfast: Boxed breakfast + snacks during the 6-hour drive to Magdalena Bay are included
• Lunch: Lunch at local restaurant
• Dinner: Dinner at Restaurant in Puerto Lopez Mateos
Accommodation included: 1 Night at a local hotel in Puerto Lopez Mateos
Day 2: Day 2 - Magdalena Bay to Cabo
Stop At: Magdalena Bay, Mexico
After a Mexican style breakfast at 7am, we will head out for our second whale watch experience. An early start to the day gives us the best opportunity to encounter mother and baby gray whale pairs without other boats around. Giving our guests a very intimate experience.
Around noon we start the drive back to Cabo San Lucas, making short stops along the way to take some photos of the beautiful Baja scenery.
We expect to return to Cabo San Lucas around 6-7 PM.
Duration: 3 hours
• Lunch: We will stop for lunch on the way back to Cabo
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Blvd. Paseo de la Marina 17, Marina, 23450 Cabo San Lucas, B.C.S., Mexico
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Routine disinfection measures in place for all equipment and premises. All areas used during the activity are thoroughly disinfected. Supplementary disinfection should take place between groups, paying particular attention to all common areas that the participants may touch.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.