2 Day Combo Lake Kivu Cruise & Nyungwe Chimpanzee Trekking Adventure
This tour is designed to show much about remarkable Rwanda especially in south- western part of the country. you will depend much of it at shore of largest lake in Rwanda and largest Lake in Africa with no hippos and crocodile. you will be amazed by a lot of green Islands of Lake Kivu and after you will be transferred in the beautiful rain forest at home of 13 different species of primates.you will also have chance to explore canopy walkway that gives bird’s eye view of the Albertine Rift endemic species
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Included Activity (All inclusive)
- Food and drinks (breakfast, lunch, dinner, Bottled Water)
- Accommodation (Double Room / Twin Room)
- Transportation (hotel pickup, air-conditioned vehicle,)
- Tour guiding Service (professional driver/guide, importer.)
- Fees (admission, Boat cruise, Canopy walk, Chimpanzee tracking, parking)
- Entry/Admission - Lake Kivu
- Entry/Admission - Nyungwe National Park
What's excluded :
- Fees (Beers, items of personal nature and international flight)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake Kivu, Kibuye Rwanda
Day 1: Lake Kivu cruise and Napoleon Island Hike
8:00AM: Pick up in Kigali at client hotel and proceed to Lake Kivu in 4×4 car. Arrive in the Lake Kivu are for an orientation tour and lunch at a local hotel with scenic views. Following lunch, board motorized boat for Lake Kivu day trip and cruise around various islands in the lake and the scenic beauty of the surround terraced hillsides. Disembark on the uninhabited Napoleon Island for a nature walk on the island viewing the local fruit bat population to the summit of the island which offers amazing vistas of the surrounding area. Board the boat again for the return cruise around the lake and back to port. The scenic drive from Lake Kivu to Nyungwe national Park with scenic stops. Later after lunch you will go for canopy walkway that gives bird’s eye view of the Albertine Rift endemic species. For meals and accommodation at the Lodge.
Meal plan: Lunch & Dinner
Accommodation: Emeraud Kivu Resort
Duration: 8 hours
Stop At: Nyungwe National Park, Butare Rwanda
Day 2: Chimpanzee Trekking and return to Kigali via King’s Place Museum
After breakfast you will go for chimpanzee trekking. The chimpanzee tracking adventure includes traversing through the vines and thorny bushes across the forest floor along the muddy trails and before long you will find yourself in the middle of a group of chimpanzees.
You will spend some time with the chimpanzees observing them as they go about their day to day activities. Later after lunch we will drive to Kigali via King’s Palace Museum. The King’s Palace is less about ancient history and more about royal residences. A guided tour explains some of the architectural idiosyncrasies inside the royal compound and other curiosities such as why the woman who looked after the king’s milk was never able to marry.
Meal Plan: Breakfast & Lunch
Duration: 12 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Apart from listed Hotel we can pick you at any Designated Location in Kigali Area on request.
Departure Time :5:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.