2-day Cai Be floating market and unique homestay experience in Mekong Delta
Carpeted in a dizzying number of green colors, the Mekong Delta in Vietnam seems to bring you into these splendid pages of a geography book. Do you want to discover all that this region offers ranging from picturesque sceneries, tranquil atmosphere to stunning cuisine and especially the outstanding highlight of the floating market? Don’t hesitate to join in an amazing full-day tour of Cai Be floating market and Tan Phong Island.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Homestay accommodation
- English speaking guide as mentioned on the program
- Entrance fees, cooking class, bikes & boat trip in Mekong Delta
- Water during transfer
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Cai Rang Floating Market
What's excluded :
- Any services not mentioned in the program
- Drinks, other meals, TIP and personal expenses
Day 1: HCMC – Cai Be – Tan Phong
Stop At: Cai Rang Floating Market, 46 Hai Ba Trung Near Cai Rang Bridge, Can Tho 900000 Vietnam
Upon your arrival in Cai Be at about 9.30.A.M, you will set off by motor boat to pay a visit to the Cai Be floating market where you can observe the locals trading fruit and many other local goods on board their vessels.
Next, you will visit a small family business to know the traditional way they use to make coconut candy and crispy rice popcorn.
Then, you will stroll around the small villages to visit the huge orchard and fruit plantation, as well as join in the amazing performance of traditional southern Vietnamese folk music
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Tan Phong, Tan Phong, Tien Giang Province, Mekong Delta
Once coming to Tan Phong island, you will join in a cooking instruction to know how to cook special Vietnamese dishes. Then, you will have time enjoying the lunch and fresh river food in the middle of the garden. After lunch, you can relax on the hammocks to rejuvenate your energy.
Around 14.00 PM, you will ride a bike around the village path with fruit orchards and bonsai garden to grab a chance to encounter the local islanders, interact with them to know more about the local daily life in the Mekong Delta.
Finally, at about 15:00 PM, you will meet your home-stay host before having time exploring the countryside.
Duration: 1 hour
Accommodation included: Overnight at homestay in Mekong Island
Day 2: Cai Be – HCMC
Stop At: Cai Be, Cai Be, Tien Giang Province, Mekong Delta
After having breakfast, you will go to the old house of Mr Ba Duc. Being one of several houses remaining in harmonious blend of two unique architectural styles: Vietnamese and French, this house also has stunning shape with many characteristics of the colonial period.
Next, you will also go a rice husking mill, where you can know more about the procedure of producing rice. Then, you can also explore a lot of hand-crafted materials – the unique charm of Mekong Delta, such as: "Cham La", the coconut leaves used to be the roofs of homes. Here, you can also observe the way they make bricks are made.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ho Chi Minh City, Ho Chi Minh City
Finally, you will go back to Ho Chi Minh City and the trip ends around 4:30 – 5:00 pm.
Duration: 2 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.