2-Day Best of Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef
Spend two days exploring the very best of Cairns. Enjoy a full day in tropical Kuranda and on your second day discover why the Great Barrier Reef is one of the world's a natural wonders. Including a reef cruise and a scenic helicopter flight, this two day package is the ultimate reef and rainforest experience, leaving you with plenty of time to fully appreciate Australia's tropical north.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Only on the day of the Cruise.
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Cairns City)
- Kuranda Scenic Rail and Skyrail Cableway
- Great Barrier Reef Cruise
- 25-minute helicopter one-way tour from Great Barrier Reef to Cairns
- Entry/Admission - Cairns
- Entry/Admission - Kuranda Original Rainforest Markets
- Entry/Admission - Skyrail Kuranda Terminal
- Entry/Admission - Cairns Cruise Liner Terminal
What's excluded :
- Lunch not included on the Day with Skyrail and Kuranda Scenic Railway
- AUD $20per person for the Environmental Management Charge and Fuel Levy is payable direct to the operator on the day of travel
- Scuba diving
- Semi-submersible tour (payable direct on the day)
- Transfers from Port Douglas hotels are additional cost
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bunda St, Cairns QLD 4870, Australia
Board the train at the Cairns station and slowly make your way through Cairns City and Kuranda range.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Kuranda Original Rainforest Markets, 7/13 Therwine St, Kuranda, Queensland 4881 Australia
Enjoy the day in Kuranda wandering around the unique township and exploring the markets.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Skyrail Kuranda Terminal, 4 Arara St, Kuranda QLD 4881, Australia
Glide over World Heritage-listed rainforest before descending through the canopy layers and deep into the heart of the lush rainforest. Enjoy stops along the way as you alight and explore the awe-inspiring Barron Gorge and Falls from a network of boardwalks at varying levels.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Cairns Cruise Liner Terminal, Corner Wharf and Lake Streets, Cairns City QLD 4870, Australia
Check-in at Down Under Cruise and Dive desk and make your way to Evolution for your cruise out to the reef.
You will cruise to two outer reef destinations each with their own unique coral formations and diverse marine species.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: 2 Pier Point Rd, Cairns City QLD 4870, Australia
On the return, take to the air for a spectacular helicopter journey over the magical waters of the Great Barrier Reef. Sweep over coral gardens and sand cays, and see marine life from high above before returning to Cairns
Duration: 25 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Transfer from Cairns and Northern Beaches (up to and including Palm Cove) are included for all tours. Transfers to/from Port Douglas are $205 per car (up to 4 passengers)
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Weight Policy: Individual passenger weights and accompanying carry-on luggage MUST be advised at time of booking. Weight variances greater than 10% may incur an additional fee. Maximum single seat payload of 130kg. For passenger comfort and aircraft weight and balance, passengers exceeding 130kg are required to purchase an additional seat of 50% of ticket price - this is non-commissionable and payable to Nautilus Aviation on day of travel.
- There is a maximum of 6 to 7 passengers permitted per helicopter (depending on aircraft availability)
- Evidence of dive certification is required from all divers wishing to participate in a certified dive
- Diving within 48 hours of flying is not recommended. All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- The Great Barrier Reef Cruise does not need to be taken on the second day, but within 7-days of the Kuranda Scenic Railway tour. You'll be required to reconfirm both tours at least 24-hours from the Kuranda Scenic Railway departure date
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Nautilus Aviation has a comprehensive COVID plan in place.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.