2-Day Angkor Wat, Koh Ker & Beng Mealea Tour
Visit the world-famous Angkor Wat temple, the majestic Bayon temple and the Tomb Raider (Ta Prohm) temple in one day. Explore the best of what Angkor has to offer with the three most popular temples. Optional sunrise. See Koh Ker and Beng Mealea on the second day.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Tour Guide, Cold Water, Suitable Transport for group size.
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Personal Expenses
- Temple Pass (1-day $37 per person, Koh Ker = $10 p/p, Beng Mealea = $5 p/p)
- Day 1
On this tour, you’ll see the best that the Angkor Archaeological Park has to offer. We’ll start the tour with a visit to Angkor Wat, the reason why most people come to visit Siem Reap. Angkor Wat attracts over 2 millions visitors per year and is the largest temple built during the Khmer empire.
Next, we will visit Ta Prohm which is also known as the Tomb Raider temple. This famous temple was used as a set for the Tomb Raider Movie starring Angelina Jolie. This old temple has been left to the elements and the jungle is growing through the middle of the building.
Finally, we’ll go to visit Bayon temple which sits right in the middle of Angkor Thom, the ancient walled city which was the heart of the Khmer Empire for many centuries. Bayon also features the famous faces which adorn all the towers. The faces are said to be the king or represent the Gods looking down on the people.
Koh Ker is an amazing 7-tiered pyramid styled temple. It doesn’t look like any other temple built by the Khmer and this has led to some experts to believe that maybe the Khmer had some extraterrestrial help when building this temple. We will spend a few hours exploring the pyramid and surrounding area. The whole temple is sat in the middle of dense jungle and due to its location, you won’t find thousands of tourists here. You can explore Koh Ker in relative peace and quiet.
We’ll also see Beng Mealea which was once a temple located on an ancient highway connected the main temples of Angkor to Preah Khan. Nowadays, you’ll see some stunning ruins which were designed to look exactly the same as Angkor Wat. Beng Mealea is a large temple, but still dwarfs in size when compared to the world-famous Angkor Wat.
Departure Point :Hotel Lobby.
Return Detail :Hotel or other location in Siem Reap town.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code: Guests must cover their shoulders and knees to enter the temples.
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.